Chapter Fourteen

The cretin rolled his eyes and walked off. He obviously didn't mean his apology.

"I'm sorry about him. He thinks I should just go through girls as fast as him. Just stay away from him." I nodded.

He put his arm around me, finally taking notice of Scott. "What's got him in such a bad mood?" He thought out loud.

"Evan left this morning." His face flashed with realization and he turned to face me, pecking my lips. The jealousy souls who had been staring since he sat down all turned to their friends. I could hear the whispers get louder.

"Don't listen to them, you're perfect."

That moment I realized I was falling. More so than I knew before.

***
Angela's POV

It's been a week since Evan had to be back home and I have to say, Scott hasn't got anymore enthusiastic. He gives short responses to everything. He will only eat if you physically force it down his throat. Okay, maybe not that bad but still.

He has lost probably ten pounds and his already scrawny form is beginning to look like a skeleton. At the beginning of the school year, Scott had seemed somewhat happy. Now he seemed like he had been hit by a train.

"You have to eat." I told him at lunch on a Monday morning, a week since Evan left. Landyn went to talk to a teacher a few minutes ago, so we where alone.

"I can't. It hurts too much."

"I've never been heart broken however I can tell you, your pity party is pathetic." I saw a small smile play on the edges of his lips. We sat in comfortable silence for quite a while. "What does it feel like to be in love?" I asked.

He signed "It's the most frustrating feeling in the world. You have no control over it. It just kind of happens. I didn't even see it coming." I smiled.

"That sound about right." I whispered.

"What?" Scott asked

"Oh, nothing."

***

Landyn had hockey practice after school so I soon found myself walking to my beat up car. I was glad that it had finally been repaired. Mom had been trying to not get it fixed because she wanted to save on gas money; I had felt bad that Scott was driving me everywhere.

Thinking that I would surprise Landyn, I drove off to the rink. The windows down, I allowed the frosty October air into the car. I can't believe it had been a week since Landyn and I got together and two months we has communicated. If you would have asked me three months ago if I would be dating the golden boy I would have never believed you.

Parking in the small lot in the front I worked my way into the building. I could see them warming up on the ice. Landyn jersey proudly displayed his last name and number on the back. He skating around the rink focusing on his team mates.

I took a seat on the bench hoping to surprise him after practice. Landyn lead the team in drills. I simply watched, trying to catch on. I had never really watched sports. Never the less hockey.

The coach eventually split the players into two little teams and they played against each other. This drill I knew worked on reading players motions and working as a team.

Landyn's team won, not that I was suprised, and he eventually went to to change out of his gear. He still hasn't noticed me when I snuck around the bench to the outside of the locker room door. Players exited and gave me strange looks before Landyn finally arrived.

I wrapped my arms around him and he jumped. He quickly hugged me back and laughed. "I want to introduce you to my team. Is that okay?"

I nodded and I was soon pulled away by my hand. The team was all gathered around the team bench gathering there belongings.

"Team! Listen up!" Landyn yelled.

The guys immediatly turned and focused their attention on Landyn. They must be used to hearing his voice on the rink. It was obvious they had a lot of respect for him.

"This is my girlfriend, Angela. She might be around a lot more now. If any of you mess with her I will kick your butts." He didn't smile but I new he was kidding. I think...

"Come on, Captain. Let's go to Burger King!" Someone yelled. Everybody began hooping and hollering and we soon were all in our cars driving to Burger King in a light rain shower.

***

After ordering a chocolate shake and an order of French fries I found myself leaning against Landyn, his arm around my waist, my head on his shoulder.

"Can I get up?" He asked me. I removed my head and he stood up, handing me his jacket.

He walked off to the bathroom. Some of the other hockey players came over to talk to me, but I found myself bored. Landyn had been gone a long time.

I stood up, leaving his jacket laying where we were sitting, and walked to the bathrooms. Nearing the small hallway, I could hear screaming. "How could you leave me for that, that, nerd? I loved you!"

"I hated you and always did! I didn't leave you, we were nev-" the shouting ceased.

I peaked around the corner. My natural curiosity taking its toll. I was shocked and hurt by what was happening.

Brandy and Landyn. Kissing.

I could immediatly feel the tears come to my eyes. Landyn had obviously been kissing back, his lips moving with hers. I was hurt. Heartbroken.

A small cry escaped my lips and Landyn pushed Brandy off of him. His face flooded with guilt.

I ignored it. He ran after me. I darted for the door. Rain soaked me to the bone immediatly.

On locking my car door, I hoped in my car. Tears streaming down my face. I felt like a complete idiot. I had fallen for a jerk. One who I knew would cheat on me.

I drove to Scott's house. He answered the door. I knew I looked a mess. My face puffy, tear staines on my face. Shivering from cold.

"What happened?!" He yelled. A look of realization flashed on his face. "I will kill him." He ushered me into the house. Sitting me down on the couch.

He grabbed me a blanket. Running up to his room. He soon returned with a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.

He popped popcorn while I changed, and put in a movie. We snuggled on the couch, my tears still soaking into his shirt. His pity party didn't seem like a bad thing now. I completely understood.

The movie progressed and I soon had my head on Scott's lap. His hand running calmingly through my hair.

It wasn't long before my eyes got heavy and I drifted into sleep.

***

I'm sorry! I had too.

It's so cliché though.

Anyway, I would like to thank FrenchTheLlama_DFTBA and HarleyBarley12. One's a combined account and one's single but I've been communicating with the same person, so thanks.

Question: Funniest joke?

Love you,

-M