Chapter Eight

Recap:

Jumping into my car Angela turned to face me. Her georgeous green eyes bore into mine. I had to turn to face the wheel to not show the blush I knew was evident on my face.

I had to ask. "So, why are you in such a hurry?"

She replyed, "if you hadn't noticed, we have ten minutes to get to class. And I don't want to be late." I nodded understandingly.

She gazed out her window, deep in thought. I couldn't believe what was happening.

I had a crush on Angela Darwin.

***

Landyn's POV

There's always something awkward about showing up to school late, the glares you recieve from teachers, the eyeballs of schoolmates boring into your back as you walk in. Now that I had recognized my feelings for Angela, I felt as though everybody could see directly through me. It appeared that anybody who looked my way could tell, like it was tattooed on my forehead.

I must have not only been feeling weird, but acting weird as well. Darris, at lunch, pulled me aside from the rest of the rest of the cheerleaders and gave me a talk.

"You realize you're whipped, right. I'm not talking about being controlled by her, you're controlling your self about her." That made no sence however I didn't try to correct him. He often came up with dumb phrases hoping they may catch on. Here's a hint, they never did.

He grabbed my arm forcefully and dragged me to the corner of the lunchroom. I had never payed any attention to where Scott and Angela sat during lunch. Usually I am too buisy listening to Brandy and her bimbos gossip or I'm focused on my own thoughts.

They sat in silence, Angela apperently in a trance, Scott trying to get her to open up. I hadn't known them long but I knew this was the oppisite of normal. On the first day of school I knew Angela has a hard time talking to Scott because he had been in his own world. Angela had told me that.

As we neared the table, Scott, who was facing us, noticed we where coming and immediatly tried to distract Angela from taking notice of our presence. Darris marched directly up to the table and sat down. I, walking quite far behind Darris, observed their interaction from afar.

"So, what have you two been up to?" Darris immediatly jumped into conversation.

"Nothing much." Angela chirped.

Her reaction surprised me because after the conversation with Angela's mom and the drive to school, Angela shut down and gave me short and nippy answers. She seemed really open with Darris. Had I done something wrong?

Even in Mrs. Webber's class she completely avoided me. She took the laptop that we were supposed to share and worked in silence the entire hour. I just sat in the chair next to her and did what I knew best. Absolutly nothing,

As the conversation continued I realized I was just standing at staring at them. I sadly dragged myself away them and sat back down. Brandy noticed I was back and screeched in my ear.

"OMG, babe. Are you coming to the party tonight. It's going to be amazing. Are you even listening?" I shook my head. "So are you?"

"No, I'm not coming to some dumb party." I was shocked at the ice in my own words. Confusion and hurt flashed behind her eyes but I didn't care.

She got up and left, finally.

I couldn't hold back my jealousy. It was obvious that Angela had feelings for Darris. How could I ever be so stupid.

***

Angela's POV

I avoided Landyn like my life depended on it. Getting too close to someone is dangerous, especially someone who will snap your heart like a twig as soon as a good-looking girl moved into town.

My feelings for Landyn had been growing relentlessly. I couldn't hold them back, and they were fogging my mind.

I promised myself I would find a nice boy to date and eventually marry when I got out of college. I needed to focus on my studies, I couldn't be bothered with the emotional trauma of boy troubles. Landyn was already getting inside my brain and drilling a hole in my concentration.

I have feelings for Landyn Glenn.

The though hit me like a ton of bricks. Scott was chatting with Darris who had sauntered up to the table less than a minute ago. I had tried to break my funk by conversing with him but it didn't work. I still couldn't concentrate.

As lunch got closer to being over, Scott got a phone call. "I've got to take this." He said to me.

"Okay." I whispered. Like I had a say. I could tell it was probably Evan just by the way his eyes shone. I swear we probably switched stands on life. He was now happy because he had love in his life and I was sad because I couldn't figure my life out.

He soon returned with a triumphant look on his face. "Guess what?" He asked me,

"What?" I asked back.

"Evan just booked his flight. He will be here in exactly a week!" He was so excited and I was excited for him but I couldn't help but worry.

His face dropped, "Are you okay?"

I just shrugged.

***

(One week later)

Scott's shakey nervouse hands dug into arm. I could feel the nervous energy radiate off him. He had been constantly talking about Evan ever since he woke me up at six o'clock this morning. We had attended school like usual and left directly from school to go to the airport.

Evan was going to stay for the weekend. It was now Friday and he was going to stay until Monday. I was excited to meet him but I was also worried.

Evan and Scott had met at a camp for troubled children during the summer. The camp was held on the Butler University campus in Indiana. It lasted for the entire three months of summer and limited the amounts of calls you could make to the outside world. Scott had been completely steamed at his dad for even thinking of sending him there.

I think this changed his mind.

At exactly 3:47 PM, a guy, who must have been Evan walked through the gate. Scott, who had been cutting off the circulation to my left arm, dropped my had and ran, yes ran, into his arms.

He must have been about 17, had honey colored blond hair and high cheekbones. He wore a green tee with a black leather jacket over the top and jeans, the bad boy attitude was apperently in the way he walked and his stature.

I must have been starring because I was literally 'snapped' out of it. Scott grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the airport with Evan following behind.

***

Hello people of the interwebs.

I know, three updates in a row! That's crazy talk.

The moral of the story is it's summer break and I'm bored out of my mind. I just got back from vacation on Tuesday, finished City of Heavenly Fire today, and nature seems to hate me based on the face it's windy, raining and hailing outside right now.

Anywho, please check out @ChocolateIcecreamX3 and @AnnaCross. Please and thank you.

Love you,

-M