Chapter Thirteen

"He has a new apartment and he wants me to come visit him." I shrugged

"Are you?"

"I don't want to, but I will if you come with me." She turned to face me. Oh the puppy eyes.

"I'll go with you." I gave in, "but if he says anything rude or insisting we are both leaving." She smiled at me.

She stuck out her pinky, "Deal." She said and we shook pinkies.

I was falling, and falling fast.

***

Angela's POV

Ahh, Monday mornings. Aka, Satin's spawn.

After waking up at four in the morning, I managed to drag myself into the shower and get dressed somewhat reasonably. Scott and I had to be at the airport at six to drop Evan off. Though he only got to stay for two and a half days, I already felt as if he was my brother.

Scott arrived at my door at five thirty in his red Jeep looking exhausted and dissapointed. He was wearing a red hoody I didn't recognize. That really wasn't a surprise considering he only wore black.

Evan sat shotgun also looking depressed. He wore what I recognized as Scott's BVB tee and his own jeans. The sweatshirt Scott wore must have been Evan's. I wasn't surprised they had traded clothes, it was cute.

They both turned in their seats to look at me as I clambered into the car with my huge bookbag. They both stayed silent but locked their fingers together, resting them on the center consol. Scott looked at the road with dred as we pulled away from my driveway.

I spotted my mom looking out the window at us as we pulled away. I waved at her and she waved back. Sadly this was one of the first times I got to see her before school started.

***

As we pulled into the airport the car stayed deathly silent. There hadn't been a whole lot of conversation as we drove. Scott parked and began to pull Evan's bag out of the back. Both Evan and I began to remove our seatbelts and open the doors. The shock of Evan leaving was just beginning to weigh on me.

Evan took his bag from Scott and they locked hands. Together we walked to the front of the airport. We turned left to check I'm his bag and get his ticket. The line wasn't very long and we soon found ourselves standing before security, hugging.

Scott and Evan both had tears in their eyes. The love they showed each other was enough to make me cry. Tears threatened to stream down my face. Scott and Evan embraced for along time. They managed to get some stares from passers by, but they didn't seem to notice or care.

Soon enough Evan had to begin to go through security. With one last kiss and a murmmered 'I love you,' Evan turned and left.

Scott turned and hugged me. I could feel his tears soak through my shirt. I wrapped my arms around him. I had never been in his situation but I could imagine. I knew they loved each other. They truly did.

***

Since we had to be at the airport so early, we went to McDonald's to get breakfast. Scott sat across from me, his face still puffy and tearstained. He had a cup of coffee next to me.

"Are you going to go to school today?" I asked.

"Yeah," he mumbled, "My dad will kill me if I don't." He managed an awkward chuckle. He had the hood of Evan's sweatshirt pulled over his head, the strings pulled tight and tied in a bow beneath his chin. He had done it since we were young. It was just a force of habit.

"Should we get going?" I asked. I felt as if I should just ask questions. I don't want to disrupt him anymore, this was the safe path.

He simply nodded. I grabbed the keys from his jacket pocket then dumped our trash into the bin. He had barely touched his food. I wasn't suprised.

Finally arriving at the school, we climbed out. I grabbed my overweight bag from the back seat. Inside the building, we were treated by Landyn and his posse.

Landyn put his arm around me, leading me into the center of the group.

"What's that nerd doing here?" One idiot yelled.

"Hey!" Landyn shouted back, "You will respect her! This is my girlfriend. I told you about her, I just didn't give you a name."

I could already feel my cheeks hearing up. "Okay," The nitwit turned to me. "Then what's your name, shorty."

I felt as though I may throw up. I just knew I would ramble. "First, I'm not that short. Second, I'm not your 'shorty'. I may need a brushing up on common slang, but I can tell you that that is a derogatory name for a girl. Third, I will not put up with blockheads. Fourth, my name is Angela and I tend to ramble when I'm nervous. Now if you'll excuse me." I walked out of their circle to Scott who stood shocked.

"Wow, when did you get feisty." She said.

I simply shrugged.

***

At lunch it wasn't long before the bonehead that insulted me this morning came up to me. Scott and I were siting at our usual table alone. "I would like to apologize for how I acted this morning. You're actually pretty cool."

I nodded in return. Landyn walked up behind the dumbbell. He pushed his aside and set his tray down beside me, sitting down.

"Dude, what are you doing? You're sitting with her? We need you." The moron yelled.

"I'm not sitting with you, she's my girlfriend and its obvious she doesn't like you, so leave."

The cretin rolled his eyes and walked off. He obviously didn't mean his apology.

"I'm sorry about him. He thinks I should just go through girls as fast as him. Just stay away from him." I nodded.

He put his arm around me, finally taking notice of Scott. "What's got him in such a bad mood?" He thought out loud.

"Evan left this morning." His face flashed with realization and he turned to face me, pecking my lips. The jealousy souls who had been staring since he sat down all turned to their friends. I could hear the whispers get louder.

"Don't listen to them, you're perfect."

That moment I realized I was falling. More so than I knew before.

***
I'm back!

I was at the lake the last few days. I had a blast but I'm really sore today. Who knew holding onto a tube could be so strenuous?

Anyway, can you believe this story has reached 230 reads?! Unbelievable. I love the support sooo much!

Question time! What is your favorite summertime activity?

Love you,

-M