Chapter Six

"No, after school." I heard him huff. Then, suddenly, I wasn't on the ground. Screaming, I was thrown over Landyn's shoulder like a sack of potatoes. His hand was awfully close to a piece of my anatomy I would not liked touched.

"Landyn, move your hand away from my butt."

I felt him shake with laughter. I could still feel the glares. The cheerleaders and general population of the school already hated my guts, this would only make it worse. I really didn't care. Like I had a reputation to ruin, but I knew who did. So I made a scene.

"If you don't hold still I will have to touch your butt." I quickly stopped moving but never the less kept screaming and carrying on. Although soon enough I ended up on the ground.

As I caught my balance, I finally was able to look around, the boys' locker room. I gaped at him open mouthed. He must have saw my expression because he began to laugh again.

"Don't worry. The first gym class doesn't begin for another half hour. I just wanted to tell you to meet me after my football practice behind the bleachers. I need to take you somewhere." Then he was gone and I was still in the boys' locker room.

***

Angela's POV

The day passed quicker than I could have possibly imagined. Mrs. Webber's class was uneventful and we managed to begin on our PowerPoint albeit Landyn seemed to be on edge.

My nerves only grew as the clock counted down the final five minutes of class. I maybe a nerd however that doesn't mean I like being in school for seven hour of my life five days a week. This was still a strange occurrence.

When the almighty bell that runs our life finally rang, I slowly crept out the door hoping Landyn forgot the whole 'pick you up after school' business. I knew that if we were just working on our project he wouldn't have kidnapped me in front of the entire school.

Lurking down the hallway didn't last for long as I soon heard my idiotic best friend yelling my name.

"Angela! You'll never guess what! Evan is coming to visit! I can't believe it. Ahh!" He squealed like a little girl. Even though Scott had a reputation to be layed back, reserved, and not giving a care in the world he still had his moments.

Every head in the hallway soon turned to look at Scott and his cheeks turned pink. He hated attention. Part of the reason he acted so dark was to hide from the judging stares of hormone raged teens.

My cover was already blown and I knew Landyn probably was already stalking me down so I began to jump for joy. Just the look of admiration and awe on his face as Scott talkes about this boy made my stomach go crazy. I hadn't seen Scott this happy since before he came out. That was like four years ago.

Our crazy happy dance was soon interrupted by Darris jumping in the middle of our scream fest. Since Scott and I had jumping and screaming for well over five minutes, most of the schools population had moved on or left. Landyn still hasn't found me and for that I was greatful.

"WHAT ARE WE SCREAMING ABOUT!" Darris hollered in my ear. Both Scott and I had froze when he jumped into the ring of craziness. The smirk on Darris's face grew as we glanced at each other nervously.

"You can tell him," I voiced, "I trust him. And besides, he's the only jock who hasn't said something mean to eat her one of us."

"Again with the stereo types. What did I tell you. Not all of them are true. I mean look at Scott, he obviously is excited about something." His eyes darted over to Scott. "Now, story time!" He screeched.

Scott took a deep breath."Imayvegottenaboyfriend." Darris still looked majorly confused.

"I can't hear you!" Darris shouted. Scott jumped almost knocking into Landyn who apperently finally found me. Landyn glared at Scott before turning his gaze on me.

"Ready to go?"

"But I wanna know." Darris wined.

"Know what?" Landyn looked confused.

Scott looked terrified. "It's okay. They cants beat you up because I'm right here. Plus, I don't think they would anyway." I interjected.

"I got a boyfriend and he's coming to visit." Scott squeezed out.

Darris squeeked, "Congrats dude, that's so cool." Everybody turned to face him, shocked.

Relief flooded Scott's face. Landyn still looked confused but the pieces were falling into place. "Okay," He turned to me. "We're going to be late. We must leave."

Landyn grabbed my hand and began pulling me away. I resisted, resulting me being thrown over his shoulder for the second time this fine day.

"Landyn, put me down. I hate this." He chuckled.

"I know. However it was the only way I could get you to come with me." I knew he had a giant smirk in his face, one I wanted to slap off.

***

Landyn's POV

My nerves built as we neared the rink. I never had told or showed anyone what I loved to do. Not even Darris, and we were best friends.

Watching Angela out of the corner of my eye, I could tell she was perplexed. Her eyes darted from the building in front of us to me.

"Why are we here?" Her voice squeeked.

"You, my friend, are going to find out." She huffed and sank into the leather seat, making herself look really short.

After entering the building with a holler of my teammates who were already warming up, I sat Angela down on the bench then changed into my gear. She still had a bewildered look on her face though she was talking with Drew Wilcox.

Drew was known to be a player. But alas, seeing him talking with Angela made jealousy roar in my stomach.

I quickly walked over to them. "Drew, nice to see you. This is Anglea. I hope that's okay." Sugary sarcasm dripped from my words. He glared at me, then left.

***

After an uneventful practice and a warm shower, I found myself back in the car with Angela. She still looked shell-shocked, but it was beginning to wear off. Here comes the rambled questions.

"Why do you play hockey? Why doesn't anyone at school know? Does Darris know? Who was the guy that was talking to me? Why did you take me there? Who- I cut her off before she passed out.

"I play hockey because I love it. No one at school knows because I don't want them to know. Darris doesn't know. That guy was Drew Wilcox. He's a player stay away from him. And I took you there because I trust you." She froze and looked at me.

I guess she was taken aback and continued to gawk at me.

***

Angela's POV

When we reached Landyn's house I immediatly snapped out of my dazed state. You could say that I managed to make myself look like a fool or was acting unlike myself. You can't blame me though because I just learned that the big football jock actually loved hockey, sport that most students at our school frowned apon.

Sitting on Landyn's bed, peering at his laptop as he worked on his portion of the PowerPoint was boring. After constantly rolling over and earning a scolding from Landyn I managed to find a comfortable position.

As the time wore on, my eyes grew heavy. I struggled to stay awake and was pleasantly surprised when I felt a blanket being placed over the top of me. Soon after a weight layed down beside me and I drifted off to sleep.

***
PLEASE DON'T SKIP

Hello again. As you may know, this story reached 70 reads and 10 votes. Thank you soooo much.

From now on, I'm going to pick an author I feel deserves more attention. This week I pick @AnnaCross.

Also, I feel like I use some words too much. If you think of one and give me some synonyms for that word, you could earn a dedication.

Think you!

-M