5

The next day, I woke up to the delicious smell of scrambled eggs and toast. I look over and I see the food with a note. I sit up and put the plate of food in my lap then open the note.

"Good morning, beautiful. I made you breakfast and I hope you like it. It's my first time making it. Anyways, I hope you had a good night sleep. I prepared a warm bath for you. There's everything you need in the bathroom when you're ready. If you need anything, I'll be downstairs. -Kaleb". He even put a smiley face and a heart on the bottom. I smile and eat my eggs and toast. The eggs were slightly raw, but I ate them anyway because I was starving. When I was done eating, I grabbed my crutches and hobbled down the hallway and to the bathroom. The water in the tub was steaming, there was a washcloth, soap, and even shampoo and conditioner. I hop over to the tub and slowly get in. It was the most amazing feeling I've felt in years.

After my bath, I get dressed and go downstairs.

"Hey!" Kaleb sees me coming down the stairs and helps me. "How was your bath?"

"It was amazing, thank you," I smile.

"And how were the eggs and toast?" I could tell he really cared by the way he looked at me.

"They were delicious."

Kaleb smiled. "Oh," he went to the other room and came back with my guitar. "I was thinking I could give you a guitar lesson."

"I would love that." This is my perfect day.