26

I woke up the next morning to the delicious smell of French toast. The smell that I missed so much. I opened my eyes to see a letter as well.

It said, "My love,
No words can describe how happy I am to have you in my house again. I know you're having a hard time, so you can stay in bed. And whatever you need, I will get it for you. I missed you so much. I love you.
-Kaleb"

I smiled. I ate my French toast then went downstairs.

"I told you that you can stay in bed, sweet heart," Kaleb said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm okay, really," I lied.

Ms. Babson came down the stairs. "Ready to go, Kaleb?"

"Yeah."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just to the grocery store then back. Shouldn't take longer than an hour," Kaleb smiled. How can he fake his smile so well?

"Can I come?" my sister camp up from behind me and made me jump.

"Sure," Ms. Babson said.

As they left, Kaleb gave me another kiss on the cheek then walked out. I was now alone. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Family Feud was on.

I fell asleep, but I woke up to a knock at the door. I walked over and opened it. My doctor stood at the door with roses.

"Can I help you?" I'm so confused. What is he doing here?

"Yeah, um, I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner with me tonight?" he seemed nervous. "Your mom said you and that guy weren't dating."

Of course she did. "I'm sorry, but I'm very busy tonight and I don't even know your name."

"Oh, how rude of me. My name is Blake."

"Nice to meet you, but I'm still very busy tonight."

"Oh, okay. I understand."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. I'll see you around," Blake handed me the roses and I took them. They're beautiful. I can tell that he paid a lot for these. He started going down the stairs, but then stopped and turned around. "Can I at least get your phone number?"

"Um," I hesitated. "Sure."

I gave him my phone number then he smiled and left. 

A few minutes later, Kaleb, Ms. Babson and my sister got home. Kaleb came over and sat on the couch with me. I looked at him and smiled. For a little bit, I was actually considering going out to dinner with Blake. He's very cute. But when I saw Kaleb's face, I couldn't do it. I love Kaleb too much.