29

"It was a mistake, I'm sorry," I was sincerely sorry. But I just wanted him to shut up because of this pounding headache.

"A mistake?" His voice got louder. "A mistake? Jessica, this is more than a mistake. You slept with our baby doctor."

I took my phone back and read the message. It said, "Where did you go?" Then another message popped up, "Oh well, I had fun. You're really good. I hope I can see you again sometime."

Oh God. I messed up. I messed up bad. "I am so sorry, Kaleb."

"It's going to take more than just a sorry to forgive you. We almost had a baby together. Jessica, I love you, but this is crossing a line."

"What about Emma, huh? Did you ever think of telling me you had a girlfriend before leading me on?" I was getting so mad, that I didn't know what else to say.

Kaleb was silent for ten seconds. "We weren't dating then."

"We're dating now? As far as I know, we've never actually made it official. We just had sex and I got pregnant. Then we kiss and cuddle. But you never truly asked me on date or asked me out. Nothing."

"I didn't know I had to. I just thought we were together."

I kept silent before I said anything else. As we pulled into the driveway, Kaleb got out and slammed the car door. I followed.

"Hey! You don't get to walk away from me like this."

Kaleb stopped and looked at me. "You had sex with another guy. I get it, I'm not good enough."

"I never said you weren't good enough! You are perfect. I just made a mistake. It's my fault. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Kaleb didn't say anything. He just turned around then walked into the house.