33

Weeks later, it was my birthday. My least favorite day of the year. When my mom was alive, she always surprise me with something different each year. One year, she surprised me with a pony that I could call my own just for that one day. Even though it was only for a day, it was the best birthday gift ever.

"Happy birthday, my love," Kaleb kissed me on my forehead as Ms. Babson sat the birthday cake in front of me on the table. A tear escaped my eye and climbed down my cheek. This is the first real birthday celebration I've had since my mother died. My little sister ran up to me and hugged me tight. I hugged her back kissed her on the forehead.

All three of them started singing the "Happy Birthday" song. I faintly smiled. Once they were done singing, I blew out the candle as I wished for my mother back; just like I do every year. I didn't have to have candles to wish and it wasn't just my birthday that I wished for her back. I wish every single day for her to come back or for my whole life to just be a mere dream.

Kaleb smiled at me and cringed and grasped my stomach.

"Still not feeling good?" he asked. I shook my head. "I'm sorry, babes. Do you want me to take you to your room?" I nodded and stood up slowly. He walked me up to my room and laid down. He put the covers over me. "Would you like me to bring you a piece of cake?"

I nodded. "And some Tylenol please."

"Sure," Kaleb smiled and walked out.

Kaleb is really trying to cheer me up, but he just can't.  I feel sick and I just wish my mom was here. 

I looked over to my dresser and I saw a pregnancy test sitting there. I stared at it. It finally beeped and I looked at it. Positive. 

Shit. How the hell am I supposed to tell Kaleb?

"Here you go," he walked back in with Tylenol, cake and a glass of water. I quickly put the pregnancy test under my pillow.

"Thank you," I croaked. I took the Tylenol and glass of water from him. I threw the Tylenol in my mouth, took a sip of water, then swallowed. "Can you leave me alone for about thirty minutes?" I asked before I started crying.

"Um, sure. Are you okay?" he sat down. I closed my eyes and nodded. "Alright, I'll be back soon."

He kissed my forehead, then left.