10

I got hugs and kisses and damn they're so good, but now they're gone.
Oh, all I can do is sit and wait while you only say I love you to her.
You led me on but I was wrong.
Why should I waste my time on you?
You said you loved me.

I sighed. It sounded terrible, but it was the only thing that would come to my mind. There was a knock at my door. I stood up and wiped away my tears as I walked to the door. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Good morning, Ms. Babson," I fake a smile.

"Good morning. Were you the one making those thud noises last night?"

I thought of how mad she would be if I told her the truth, "Oh that might of been me. I toss and turn when I sleep so the head board of the bed might of kept hitting the wall. I am so sorry." I can't believe I just lied for him.

"Oh, okay. That's fine, sweet heart. Here, I have an idea," she walks in to my room and to my bed. "Let's move this forward a little bit so it doesn't hit the wall."

"Good idea." I walk over to the other side of the bed and I help her push the bed forward. "Looks good."

"Yes, it does. I was going to make lunch for you and Kaleb. What would you like?" She asked as she was walking out.

"Just some chicken noodle soup will be fine, thank you."

"Okay," she smiles and she walks out. I close the door behind her and I lock it again. I'm an idiot.

An hour later, I was called down for lunch. I sat down at the table with my soup and Kaleb sat down with his sandwich. Silence. No laughing, looking at each other, no talking, and no smiling. Just complete and utter silence. I could feel myself shaking.

Kaleb's words broke the silence, "Are you cold?"

"No. I'm fine." I sounded like a bitch, but I really didn't care. His mom gave us a weird look.

"Something is off," she said.

"You said you didn't want a relationship between us, so we're just not going to talk to each other. Right, Jessica?" He looked over at me.

I choked on my water and I started coughing. "Yes," I choked again.

"I didn't say you guys couldn't talk to each other just-"

"I think we're fine like this Ms. Babson," I say as I stop coughing.

She sighs. My heart aches. I hate this so much.