36

The doctor walked back into the room.

"You're pregnant!" she exclaimed. 

I already knew, but I tried to sound surprised by gasping. "Oh my gosh!"

"Are you excited?" the nurse asked. I nodded and smiled. "Should we tell your family."

I sighed. They had to know at some point. I nodded and the nurse walked out. My heart was pounding. After about a minute of waiting, Kaleb rushed in.

"Really?" he seemed so excited. I smiled and nodded. He ran up and hugged me. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I hugged him tight. I never want to lose him, but this baby might tear us apart just because it's Blake's. I can't keep it a secret.

We head home, and the words that I had to say burned at my tongue. Kaleb guided to me to my room, which was now our room, and I laid down on the bed.

"Is there anything I can get you?" he asked. His voice sounded so heavenly. I didn't want it to change, but I knew it had to.

"Not right now," I said sadly.

"What's wrong?" he sat down beside me and put his warm, comforting hand on my arm.

I sighed. "There is something I have to tell you."

"What? What is it? You can tell me anything."

I wish that was true. I opened my mouth to speak, but he interrupted me. "Actually, don't worry about it right now. Get some rest, and tell me later. Okay?" I nodded and he kissed my forehead. He began to walk out the door, but he stopped, as if he had something on his mind. "Hold up." he looked at me. "We had sex last night. How can you already be pregnant?" I almost told him when I opened my mouth, but nothing emerged. He slowly walked back into the room. "Jessica," he paused, like he was holding back a tear.

"It's, um, Blake's," I whispered.

"What?" he got closer to me.

"It's Blake's," I said it louder.

"Our doctor's?"

I shamefully nodded while a tear rolled down my cheek.

He stroked his hair with both his hands and his eyes widened. "Oh my God."

"It happened that one day you picked me up and you got mad," I was barely breathing. "I'm so sorry, Kaleb. I didn't know what I was doing. I was really drunk that night." He didn't say a word, he just stormed out. I chased after him. "Kaleb!" I saw him grabbing his coat and storming out the door. "Come back here right now!"

He stopped and looked back at me. "I'm going to kill him."