Two Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

Squeaky clean and smelling of raspberry vanilla soap, Grace was bundled up in a fluffy rose pink towel, being carried into her bedroom by her daddy.

"Know what I love?" Harry asks his little girl, who was beaming from ear to ear with the most beautiful smile he has ever seen.

"Uh mummy" Grace says as she looks Harry in the eye, waiting for his reply.

"Yes, I do love mummy" Harry sets Gracie down on her bed with a little bit of a bounce "but I also love my baby burrito 'cause she tastes so yummy!" Harry pretends to eat his little girl whose towel is wrapped around her like a warm tortilla. Grace giggles as she feels her father tickling her "daddy, m' not food!" She was wiggling around on her bed.

"Could of fooled me" Harry stands and  shrugs his shoulders as he walks towards her white dresser. Opening the top drawer Harry picks out a pair of pink and white polka dotted panties and a pink nightgown. 

"Let's get ya dressed Goose, then I'll sing ya some songs. How does that sound?" Harry says, gently raising a questioning eyebrow at the 4 year old.

Grace nods her head so her wet curls flip water all over the place. Harry chuckles to himself and helps her get dressed. After she was squeaky clean, teeth brushed and dressed for bed Harry picks the stuffed sheep off her chair and hands it to her.

"I think Bob has missed you" Harry says making a "baa" noise when he says Bob. Harry came up with the name, and always flashed his big dimpled grin when he said the sheep's name, proud of his creativity.  Besides Harry, Bob was Gracie's best cuddle buddy. She loved him.

"Gracie missed Bob" Grace says looking into his black little eyes, petting the patch of fur on his head and kissing her favorite stuff animal. Snuggling into her covers, Grace looks at her father, who had knelt down next to her bed. "May I pick the song tonight daddy?"

"Mmhmm, what's it gonna be"  folding his arms down on her flower covered bedspread. "What about twinkle twinkle little.."

Interrupting her father she says with a stern tone "No no, don't like that song. Sing, 'm havin your baby" Grace sings at the top of her lungs.

Harry bursts into laughter. "Ya want daddy to sing one of his songs?"

"I like babies, I like that song, it's fun" Grace states with a smile, that dimple growing deeper by the minute.

"It's not really a bedtime song love. What would your mum say?"

"Mum sings it in the car, she likes it" Grace says. "Mum says yes."

Harry couldn't say no to her enthusiasm and decided it was just fine to sing an upbeat song for bedtime as long as they ended with a song that calmed her down. "Alright, one time. Then it's time for your goodnight song. Okay?"

"Kay!!" Leaning in close to her daddy's face Grace whispers "jump on the bed?" Her eyes shining bright when she wiggles her eyebrows with excitement.

"Just this once" Harry stands on his socked feet pulling his phone out of his back pocket. Turning Kiwi on so they can dance and sing. Harry jumps up on her bed to sing and dance, or more like jump, with his baby girl.

"I'm having your baby, it's none of your business"  singing at the top of their lungs both Harry and Grace were out of breath by the end of the song.

After the song was over. Grace plopped down on the bed laying flat on her back. Giggling in her cute little laugh she says "that was fun!"

Harry laughs lifting Grace back up to her pillow Harry wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead. "I love ya goose"

"Thank you, love ya too" Grace says with a yawn. "Bedtime song daddy?"

"Ya, I'll sing your bedtime song bug." Harry hears someone walk into the room.

"May I join?" You ask as you walk into this tender moment.

"Always" Harry smiles at you and wraps his arm around you when you kneel next to him.

"What was all that banging? Sounded like an elephant was dancing up here"

Harry looks at Grace and they both burst into giggles. "Daddy sang havin' your baby, mum. It was fun"

Looking over at Harry with wide eyes, you chuckle and give him a kiss. "Sounds like a fun time. 'M sorry I missed it."

"Alright bedtime song?" Harry clears his throat as he begins to sing the song to Grace that he has sang since the day she was born.

"Now run along home, and jump into bed. Say your prayers, don't cover your head. There's just one more thing, I ask of you! You dream of me, and I'll dream of you"

Grace closes her eyes as she cuddles with Bob and Harry can see her breathing has relaxed. Harry smiles thinking of the fun memory they just made. He kisses her head, stands, grabbing your hand and leaves his little girl to dream of summertime and butterflies for the rest of the night.