Es-i-mo Kisses

Grace skips into the kitchen, her curls bouncing up and down and the pink tutu she is wearing rebounds with every step she takes. Grace stops dead in her tracks witnessing the interaction happening between her parents. It is not uncommon for her to see her parents show each other affection but she hasn't seen this particular sign of love before.

You are sitting on a bar stool by the island. Your body is turned and Harry is standing between your legs. His hands cup your face as he leans in and brushes his nose against yours. Closing your eyes, you giggle, moving your head back and forth to return the action.

"I love ya babe." Harry says as he pulls away from your face. You wrap your arms around his middle, pulling him in for a hug. Harry smushes his nose into your cheek as he kisses your jaw returning the hug.

"Love ya too H." You say with a giggle. His small soft nose tickles your cheek as it burrows against your skin.

Harry looks down at his leg where his daughter has attached herself like a koala wearing a pink fluffy tutu. Hugging tight as if her life depended on it. Her big eyes look up at her parents with curiosity.

"Daddy?" Grace wonders. "What ya doin' to mummy?" She has never seen this interaction before and is curious why it is making her mum laugh.

"It's called an Eskimo kiss." He rubs Grace's head with his hand. "There are people who live in igloos in the snow, they are called Eskimos, and this is how they kiss. It's a special kind of kiss Gracie Bug."

"Oh... Kay." Grace's eyes get wide with wonder. Unlatching herself from her father's leg, Grace runs into the front room. Her bare feet making thumping noises on the hard wood as they slap the floor.

You and Harry burst into giggles as Grace bolts out of the kitchen.

Gracie climbs up on the couch, pulling her legs up over the cushion with a grunt. Once she is settled she picks up Bob, and sits him on her lap.

"Bob, you my Es-i-mo! I gonna give you special kiss

"Bob, you my Es-i-mo! I gonna give you special kiss." She whispers to her stuffed sheep. "Called a Es-i-mo kiss." Grace leans in toward her best friend, rubbing her tiny nose against his. Back and forth, back and forth. The fabric of Bob's nose softly brushing against hers.

"That tickles Bob!" Grace giggles rubbing her nose with her hand.

She continues to practice giving Bob Eskimo kisses stopping in between to rub her nose with her hand from to soothe it.

Harry watches in the entry way as his daughter copies the act of affection he was giving you not 15 minutes ago. A deep dimpled grin appears on Harry's face as his heart warms with happiness.

"What ya doing Gracie bug?" Harry plops down on the couch next to his daughter and her sheep.

"Paticing es-i-mo kisses." She states shyly.

"Is that so? How's it comin?" Harry asks.

"Bob helpin Daddy he my Es-i-mo." She gives Bob a hug, thankful for her friend and his help in perfecting the new kiss.

"Can daddy be your Eskimo?" Harry cocks his eyebrow with a curious expression on his face.

"Mmhmm." Gracie nods her head up and down, excited to practice her new favorite kisses with her father.

"Come 'ere!" Harry pats his lap. Grace sets Bob down, crawling up onto Harry's lap and she starts playing with his cross that is hanging from his neck.

Letting go of the necklace, Grace kisses the soft round top of Harry's nose and then brings her hand up to slightly pinch it. "Daddy, you got a nose like me." Grace giggles.

"Yes. You have my nose. Just like a tulip!" Harry boops her nose with his pointer finger making a little noise when he taps it. "But your nose is a lot more cute than daddy's nose." He says. "Much more kissable!" Harry kisses her nose.

"Noooo..." She says. Reaching up she pinches his nose again. "Got ya nose." She pulls away pretending Harry's nose is hidden in her hand.

"Ahhh give me back my nose!" Harry squeals tickling Grace as she waves her hand around in the air. Harry burrows his nose into Grace's cheek making her giggle hard from the kisses.

"Nooooo." Grace howls as Harry pretends to grab his nose out of Gracie's hand, putting it back on his face. "Special es-i-mo kiss daddy?"

"Only for my special Eskimo." Harry leans in close to Grace, scrunching up his nose, he runs it back and forth across the tip of her tiny tulip of a nose.

Grace and Harry end in a fit of giggles. "Tickles daddy!" She says. "Bob needs es-i-mo kisses." She hold Bob up to Harry's face. Bob and Harry exchange kisses.

Harry kisses Grace's nose with his lips. "Love ya Gracie girl!"

"And my es-i-mo kisses?" She questions.

"And your Eskimo kisses!" Harry replies rubbing his nose against Grace's for one last special Eskimo kiss.