Happy Birf-day Daddy!

"Don' forget da flowers mumma." Grace says as she adjust the cup of coffee sitting on the tray, making sure everything is placed in the perfect position. You pick up a small vase that is holding five Gerber Daisies in a shade of light pink, Harry's favorite. Setting the vase on the tray, Grace reaches her hand out, her small five-year-old fingers grasping the glass and adjusting the bouquet exactly how she wants it. 

"Grace, I think you did a good job! Daddy is going to love it." You pull Grace into a hug, rubbing your hand along her shoulder.

"You carry da tray?" Grace asks, knowing the tray is probably a little too heavy for her to carry. "I get Effan! Can I give daddy my su-pise?"

"Yes you can! He can open that after we sing." You nod to Grace, grabbing both sides of the tray, ready to head upstairs.

"Com'on Eff! Gotta go sing ta daddy!" Grace pulls the small package under her arm as she holds her hand out for her 11 month old brother.

"Da-da." Ethan babbles, waddling over to his sister, wrapping his stubby fingers around her hand.

"It his birf-day! Gonna help me sing?" Grace talks to Ethan as they walk up the stairs on their way to the master bedroom. You walk behind the two children with a smile that spans your entire face as you listen to Grace talk to Ethan. Their relationship is so tender; Grace loves being a big sister. She loves being able to teach Ethan everything about life. "Gotta be quiet Eff! We wanna su-pise daddy. Okay?"

Ethan doesn't respond as he takes each step slowly while holding tightly to Grace's hand. She is patient with her brother, helping him along the way. The kids reach the top of the stairs and make their way towards the bedroom where the door is open and waiting for them to enter.

"Mumma? We go in? Dat okay?" Grace looks back at you before entering the room with her brother, her eyes begging for permission to go wake her father up. Grace has been ecstatic all morning to celebrate her daddy's birthday.

"Go ahead!" You say, nodding towards the door. Grace kindly pulls Ethan towards the door and the two of them sneak into the master bedroom.

Harry hears the giggles coming from Grace, as she cannot contain her excitement anymore. Opening one eye, Harry looks towards the door to see his three favorite people. He sits up, the sheet falls revealing his ink splattered chest. Resting his back against his pillows and headboard, a sleepy smile spreading across his face slowly.

"Happy Birf-day Daddy!" Grace shouts with excitement as she comes towards the bed. Grace drops Ethan's hand and attempts to help him on the bed while still holding her gift tightly under her arm.

"Come 'ere, Stud." Harry reaches across the bed, grabbing Ethan by the armpits and pulling him up on the bed. Ethan lays on Harry, giving him a hug. Sitting up he puts his hands on Harry's cheeks.

"Da-da diss?" Ethan says, attempting to pucker his lips, leaning in towards Harry's mouth. Harry pushes his lips out to meet Ethan's mouth that is wide open. Ethan pulls away, leaving a string of slobber behind.

"Happy Birthday babe!" You say, coming to Harry's side of the bed with the tray of breakfast.

"Thank you Darling." Harry gives you a smile that makes your heart feel warm. "Did yeh make me breakfast? IN BED?" His eyes grow wide at the tray of delicious food that is being placed on his lap. He pulls Ethan to the side, tucking him close to his body.

"I made it! All of it!!!!" Grace says as she scoots closer to her father, gift in hand.

"That's right; she helped with everything." You say. "Don't eat yet. Gotta grab the matches." You walk swiftly to the bathroom to grab the matches Harry uses to light the candles  when he takes a bath.