Day Six: The Nutcracker

"I go on date with you, daddy?" Grace asks as she helps him set the table for dinner.

"Yes, bug. After we have dinner."

"Jus' you n' me? No mum?"

"No. Just you and me. Gonna have a special night together."

"Where we goin'?" She asks with wonder in her eyes.

"The Nutcracker Ballet." He says, watching her eyes sparkle with happiness.

"Ballet like me! I a ballerina too!" Grace squeals.

"Yes you are. The most beautiful ballerina I have even seen." He kisses the top of her head.

After dinner you help Grace put on her new champagne dress you bought for this special occasion. The top has a lace overlay, the satin skirt slightly fans out, and a sparkly belt wraps around her middle. Her shoes: a sparkly champagne color with big bows by her toes. You place a necklace with a small heart around Grace's neck: the necklace Harry gave you for your first anniversary. Tonight is a very special night, and you want Grace to feel it's importance.

 Tonight is a very special night, and you want Grace to feel it's importance

"You look beautiful Grace!" You fix a curl that is going astray. "I think daddy is ready to go. Should we go find him?"

"Wait! My purse!" Grace runs over to your bed, picking up her purse. You raise your eyebrows with curiosity as you see her gracefully run into the bathroom. After a brief second she comes out of the bathroom. "I ready now."

You follow your daughter out of your bedroom where she pauses at the top of the stairs. Harry is waiting in the foyer, his back turned, but you can see him holding a small bouquet of flowers for his date.

"I all ready daddy!" She says loud enough for Harry to hear. Harry turns around to face the stairs. He lets out a small gasp sincerely.

"Grace, you look gorgeous." Harry walks towards the stairs as his daughter begins to take elegant steps one foot at a time.

"You too." She replies. You know Grace really doesn't know what she is saying, but Grace isn't wrong. Harry looks breathtaking in his navy blue trousers fit just right against his legs, and his double breasted suit jacket sits over the top of a champagne button up shirt that matches Grace's dress. His hair is tousled just right, the ends slightly curling. You never understand how your husband can look so flawless when it is so effortless for him.