The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

The day was May 7th, and the rain was pouring from the sky when the most beautiful girl in the world made her grand entrance. The hospital room in London, England had warm pink painted walls and was filled with love and excitement for the new addition being born. After 10 and a half hours of labor, Grace Gemma Styles was born into the world. Nothing could prepare you for the moment of having your own daughter placed on your chest for the first time. Holding that sweet infant against your skin, your heart begins to swell. Looking up at Harry with tears streaming down both of your cheeks, you kiss each other sweetly as you enjoyed the first time of being a family of three.

"May I hold her love? Ya must be tired." Harry rubbed his hand against your soft cheek You had just finished trying to breastfeed the newborn, something that wasn't easy, and you were exhausted.

"You may!" You say with a yawn, watching Harry as he took his t-shirt off to reveal his ink splattered chest.
"What are ya doing?" Giggling at the fact that he just took his t-shirt off faster than you have ever witnessed.

"Who says I can't have skin-to-skin time? Grace and Daddy need to bond." Harry had read numerous parenting books that talked about how important skin-to-skin time can be when it comes to bonding with a newborn baby. He wanted the bond between him and his little girl to be strong and he was prepared to do anything it took. Moreover, he felt a little bit left out when Grace was experiencing her skin-to-skin time with her mum.

"Okay, bond with her while I close my eyes and try to nap before she gets hungry again." You chuckle and shake your head, amazed but not surprised at how involved he chooses to be.

Walking over to the side of the bed, Harry takes Grace from her mum slowly and very gently. He holds Grace as if she is made of glass, afraid he may break her little body in his big strong hands. Laying her down in the little bed on wheels next to the hospital bed, Harry gets his daughter ready for their skin-to-skin time.

"Look at my beautiful girl!" Harry says to Grace as he kisses her head. Grace had beautiful pink skin that looked slightly wrinkled but so soft. She had a little bit of blonde hair on the top of her head that had a slight curl, and she smelled fresh and pink. Grace starts to cry from the cold air of the hospital room hitting her naked body. "Hey little one, no crying, this is gonna be fun I promise!"

When he picks Grace up, her little body curls into a fetal position. Harry lays her naked body against his chest as he pats her bum to calm her down. She has stopped wailing, and has started to calm down from the rhythmic patterns on her bottom.  Sitting down in the rocking chair that was placed in the corner of the room, he grabs the rose pink baby blanket Anne made for her off the back of the chair and puts it over the two of them so she wouldn't get cold.

Grace curls up on her daddy and begins to snuggle in. Her warm, soft, little cheek laid against his chest. Harry can hear little whimpers coming from the tiny human that he created with you. Harry smiles at the noise because it sounds just like you when you get into a deep sleep. A noise that comforts Harry, because it means he is home. He is not on the road, or in the studio, he is in bed next to a woman he loves.

"Gracie, I want you to know Daddy loves you so very much." Harry begins talking to the newborn as he rocks her back and forth causing her to fall asleep. "Your mum loves ya too ya know."

Grace snuggles deeper into Harry's chest as her little fist grabs onto the small patch of chest hair he has finally been able to grow! "Be careful bug, those took a while to grow." Chuckling to himself, he continues to talk to his baby girl.

"Gonna take a nap?" Unhooking her hand from his chest hair, and kissing her little fingers, he looks down at the newborn and sees her eyes shut as she lets out a big yawn. Her forehead crinkles as her mouth opens wide in the universal sign of exhaustion. "Being born is hard work, isn't it?" Rocking back and forth in the rocking chair Harry decides something.

"When I was little, your gran sang me a song. I'm gonna sing it to you, every night, before you go to sleep. Okay?" Grinning at the baby falling asleep on his chest as if he was waiting for a reply, Harry begins to sing the song his mum always sang to him.

"Now run along home, and jump into bed. Say your prayers, don't cover your head. There's just one more thing, I ask of you. You dream of me, and I'll dream of you." Grace seemed to have fallen asleep to her daddy's voice as Harry hears small snores coming from his baby. Harry looks over at the hospital bed hoping you are awake to witness the cute baby snores, but you were snoring yourself so Harry turned away, allowing you to sleep.

With a warm baby on his chest, Harry closes his eyes. Just as he was about to fall asleep, he hears the door to the hospital room squeak open. Gemma and Anne sneak into the room, seeing both the baby and her mum are asleep. Both women take a seat on the couch, next to the rocking chair, so they can take their very first peek at the newest member of the Styles clan!

"Harry, she's beautiful!" Anne says looking at the baby asleep on her son's tattooed chest.

"Yea, the most beautiful girl in the world." Harry smiles at his mum with pride. He runs his hand down his daughter's cheek and kisses the curls on the top of her head.

"Are you sure she's yours?" Gemma jokes. "I mean you aren't even slightly cute, don't know if you could create something that adorable." Gemma laughs quietly so she doesn't wake the baby, as Harry sticks his tongue out at her.

"Her mum did all the hard work; she gets her looks from her." He says in an honest and humble way. Nodding over at your sleeping body in the hospital bed.

"How does it feel love? To be a dad?" Anne asks.

"Best feeling in the world mum! Never felt anything like it. Have a feeling; we're gonna have a lot of fun adventures." Kissing Gracie's head, Harry takes her off his chest, and wraps her blanket around her. Harry knew Gracie would have a close bond with her Nan and Aunt and felt that skin-to-skin was his bonding time and they will do fine without it.

"May I hold her?" Gemma asks eager to hold her newborn niece.

Nodding his head, he hands the baby over to Gemma slowly with care. Not wanting to wake her from her peaceful sleep.

"What did you end up naming her?" Anne asks curious to see what name you and Harry decided on.

"Auntie Gem, Gran," Harry throws a wink at his mum, who has started to get tears in her eyes "Meet Grace Gemma Styles."

"Oh Harry," Gemma starts to tear up. Feeling honored that you and Harry named their precious child after her. Looking down at Grace she says "You are gonna be a very loved little girl."

Grabbing Anne's hand, Harry looks at Grace snuggled in Gemma's arms and smiled his classic dimpled grin, "I think that's a bit of an understatement."

All three of them chuckle at Harry's comment, knowing this little girl is surrounded by more love than she can handle.