Day Eleven: Christmas Eve

"Baby Effan!" Grace is laying on her tummy propping her head up on her hands

"Baby Effan!" Grace is laying on her tummy propping her head up on her hands. "I gonna getcha." Grace walks her fingers over to tickle her baby brother's tummy. Nine-month-old Ethan giggles, clapping his hands with joy as his sister plays with him. "Mumma, baby Effan loves me."

"Ethan does love his sissy." You bend over, kissing his soft baby head, running your fingers through the small nest of brown curls on the nape of his neck.

"Butterfly much?" Grace smiles at her brother.

"Butterfly much and beyond." You spread your sons tiny arms out wide to show Grace how much he loves her. Grace looks up as her father walks into the front room.

"Hi daddy!" Grace says, kicking her legs so her heels hit her bum.

"Hey chicken little." Harry plops down on the floor next to you. "Ethan, daddy wants yeh." He holds out his hands for you to hand the baby over. Picking up the chunky boy, you pass over Ethan to Harry. "There's my hunk of burnin' love." Harry kisses Ethan's cheeks causing him to giggle.

"Da-da." Ethan coos, patting Harry's cheek in the process.

"Eth-an!" Harry says back in a high-pitched voice.

"Who is ready to open their Christmas Eve package?" You ask wrapping your arms around your knees.

"Me! Me! Me!" Grace pushes her body off the cream carpet, jumping up and down with excitement. Harry lifts up Ethan's tiny hand, bending over behind his head to say in a falsetto, "Oh oh! Me too! Me too!!"

"Alright Gracie girl, wanna help mumma find the packages?" You giggle, shaking your head at your dorky husband. Crawling on your hands and knees you make your way over to the Christmas tree, Grace plopping down right next to you.

"Find my name?" Grace asks as she picks up the present wrapped in gold wrapping paper and a red bow. Flipping the tag over she looks at the name. "Dat not my name, mum!" She sets the gift on the tree skirt under the tree.

"We are looking for two presents. One that says Grace and one that says Ethan. They will have a two four on them." You explain, taking a glance at Harry who keeps trapping his son in his arms as Ethan tries his hardest to crawl away. Ethan is filling the room with his giggles, causing you to smile.

You and Grace search through the majority of the gifts before you find the gifts labeled

'Open 24th of December'

Picking up the packages, you hand Grace one and walk the other to Harry and Ethan.

"Dat my name daddy! See dat my name!" Grace runs the gift over to her father so he can see her name printed on the brown tag.

"That is your name, Gracie bug." Harry sets Ethan's gift to the side of his thigh; spreading his legs, he places the baby boy in between plopping him down on his bum. "Grace my love, do yeh want to go first? Show our little stud how it's done." Your heart smiles at the nickname Harry has given Ethan.