EPISODE 18

Jungkook opens his eyes and blinks several times adjusting his sight to the sudden brightness.

"Urghh..."

"Jungkook? Hey..."

He squinted his eyes and looks at the man kneeling on the floor beside the bed.

"Hobi hyung?"

He asks with his raspy voice.

"Yes. Yes, it's me. How are you? What do you feel now?"

Hobi asks practically checking his forehead, neck and body.

"Hyung...."

Jungkook's eyes widen.

V!

What happened? Where am I now?

"Hey, hey. Don't overthink. We'll talk later on."

Hobi interrupted his deep and confused thoughts.

"Hobi hyung..."

"I know you have a lot of questions but I want you to rest now. You should eat too so you can take your meds. I'll be back with the food."

Hoseok didn't give the younger any chance to answer and left the room to prepare the meal.

Jungkook looks around the room. It wasn't the room he remembered from last night.

But how? How did I end up here? How did Hobi hyung find me?

He spotted a wall clock and it's already 1 PM.

"Tadaaaa! I prepared you some veggies and fish and warm milk. Sit up, Kookie and I'll feed you."

Hobi barged in with a tray of food.

"Hobi hyung, where are we?"

"Oh, we're at home. This is my house. My parents, remember when I told you they live in France. So I am living alone here. My friends..."

Hoseok stopped abruptly and smiles before placing the tray on the table beside the bed.

"Let's talk later, Kookie. For now, I want you to finish your food and take this medicine after. You had a fever last night."

Hoseok pats the younger's hair gently.

"Okay, hyung."

"Should I feed you?"

"No. I can eat by myself, hyung. I'm not a baby anymore."

"Fine. Fine. I'll be in the living room. You can finish this and bathe later. Just feel at home and find anything you need here. This is one of my guest rooms."

With that, Hoseok left the boy.

Hoseok sighed before walking down the stairs and busied himself in the living room flipping channels.