Chapter One

"Oh, shut up." Pisces hissed at the dark haired boy who sat next to her. "You'll get all of us in trouble."

Pisces was a asian girl with a bright blue streak going through her black hair. She didn't care much about grades like some kids in the class, but she hated detention with a burning passion. Scorpio, on the other hand, was a boy with dyed purple hair, green eyes, and fair skin. He spent half his life in detention, yet he always managed to ace his tests.

"Well, sweet cheeks, I wouldn't want to see your pretty little face in detention." Scorpio mused. "I'll tell you what, cutie. If you agree to that date-"

"She's not interested, Scorp. Lay off." Cancer said, rolling her eyes and sitting on the other side of the scorpion.

Cancer was a black girl with big poofy hair. Unlike the other two, she never dyed it. Instead my she got her flair from the makeup she put on. Today she wore red eyeshadow, red lipstick, and had red nail polish. She pulled out her morning work and started to actually work.

"Woah, now, Cance. I can take a hint." Scorpio raised his hands up in surrender. "Just hoping I could get a date with her before Prom."

Cancer raised an eyebrow at her step-brother. "Prom? That's at the end of the year."

"If she ever says yes, it'll take that long." Scorpio sighed miserably.

"Sorry, my dude. I just don't like you like that." Pisces shrugged and pulled out some gum.

"Shoot, we're late!" Two kids walked into the room. Each had strawberry blonde hair, pale skin, and freckles. Both were lean and wore simple clothing. One was a girl, who's hair reached her waist. The other, a boy, with short hair that was fairly messy. Both of them had bright green eyes, along with a bracelet of the same color. Both were fairly short. The two sat in their seats, right in front of Cancer.

"Actually, you're right on time." Libra noted. She was a very pretty girl. She had bright pink lipstick lining her dark lips. She was mixed race, although it only added to her beauty. She had brown eyes and dark brown hair, but a happy smile, as if she never cared about a thing in the world.

"Barely. What's up, dudes?" Aquarius smiled. Aquarius, just like Scorpio, had his full head dyed. It was dyed a dark blue that made him look somewhat cool and mysterious. He had blue eyes and tan skin. He was tall, maybe the tallest zodiac. He sat right in front of Pisces.

"Not much, man." Nye, the male twin, told him. "You?"

"Same ole, same ole." Aquarius grinned at the ginger in return.

"Hey Libby! What's up?" Gem, the female twin, asked cheerfully.

"My third cup of coffee." Libra responded, taking yet another sip.

"That's not healthy." Nye furrowed his eyebrows.

"Neither is being up this early." Libra muttered, and continued sipping.

"I can agree to that." Aries muttered, walking in.

Aries had orange hair and a cool smile, as if the rest of the world wasn't that important. He was pale, like most gingers, and was tall and muscular. He had walked in while holding hands with Sagittarius. Sagittarius was one of the sassiest signs you could meet, usually due to her devilish attitude. She had blonde hair that fell to her waist with blue eyes. Her yellow hoop earrings drew attention away from a small gash on her cheek.

"Another year, another pain." Sagittarius sighed. "C'mon, lets go sit, babe."

Libra made a small scoffing noise that only Aquarius could properly hear as the couple sat in front of her and the twins.  Just then, a girl with brown hair strutted in the door. Her gray eyes shone as she sat down in front of Aquarius.

"I'm baaaaack!" Leo shouted. "Did y'all miss me? Admit it, y'all missed me." A southern accent heavily laced her voice as she sat backwards in her chair.

"Hey, Lee, what's up?" Nye asked with a chuckle.

"The opposite of down." Leo grinned. "I can't wait for summer!"

"School's only just started." Virgo frowned, walking in.

Virgo had long dark hair that was perfectly straight. She was black, but her brown eyes stood out like no other. She wore a green-jeweled necklace. She stood up straight and was fit, as if she never had any junk food. Another girl and a boy were following behind her. They looked similar; both had dirty blonde hair. The boy had leaf green eyes and freckles and a brown shirt The girl had brown eyes and black bracelets.

They took their seats, Virgo in front of Aries, Capricorn, the boy, in front of Leo, and Taurus in front of Sagittarius.

"Well, I don't want to be here either." Taurus muttered, causing Capricorn to lightly slap her on the arm. "Ow! What type of cousin are you?!"

"The best type." He smirked happily.

And there they were; the thirteen zodiacs. Each so different, but they all got along mostly well. There were feuds, drama in the past, but, of course, it's a new year! What in the world could possibly go wrong? After all, it's a new beginning for everyone to look past their differences. But every beginning has an end.

-----

Thanks for reading the first chapter! This is where you can comment ships and stuff. So far, I think I like Leo more than my own sign. And yes, I am willing to break Aries and Sagittarius up if y'all wish. I'm considering doing that anyways. If you actually came from my other book, thanks! If not, thanks anyways! This is FlipFlop, signing off.