An Unlikely Pair

The bell rang

The bell rang. The entire class immediately collected their books and stood up to leave the English classroom. Unfortunately, one student was called to stay a moment after class.

"Cancer," Ms. Mal ccalled her. "I was curious to whether you could stay after today. Just for a bit. I need help organizing my stuff."

"I, um, can't, ma'am. My friend is going through a break up so i promised I would take her for ice cream right after school," Cancer fibbed.

"Perhaps another time, then," Ms. Mal offered her a smile. A fake one.

Cancer nodded and hurried out of the English classroom. She let out a sigh of relief and texted the group chat.

Cancer: Guys, i think u should all sleep over tonight

Scorpio: Do I get a say in this

Cancer: no

Scorpio: Well i dont have a choice so yea i guess

Pisces: yea

Gem: nye and I can

Nye: I can?

Gem: Thats legit what I just said

Libra: I can

Aquarius: Same

Taurus: So can Virgo and I

Leo: Me too

Capricorn: Aries and I can

Sagittarius: ditto

Cancer:cool

Cancer put away her phone and looked around. She bit her lip. Something bad was going to happen soon. And she had a strange feeling that the only way they would get through it is sticking together. She tucked her hair behind her ear and headed off to her next class.

-------

Cancer sat next to Scorpio with worry written across her face as she waited for her friends to arrive. She tapped her fingers and kept glancing down the road. What would Ms. Mal have done to her if she had stayed after? Cancer almost didn't want know. Finally a car pulled up. Cancer let out a sigh of relief, while Scorpio looked at his sister, concern lacing his eyes.

Finally, Aries and Sagittarius stepped out of the car and walked in. Both wore light jackets.

"What's up?" Aries asked.

Sagittarius furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you alright, Cancer?"

"I'm fine, I just have to, uh, talk to everyone," Cancer replied while pursing her lips.

"If you say so," Sagittarius sighed.  There was no way of convincing Cancer out of this.

Another car pulled up and a total of four people got out. One stormed in angrily while the other three came in quietly.