The Twins, the Race, and the Trees

With great power comes great responsibility.

The gang was all hanging out in the park as usual. [Insert cheesy 80s into here] Aquarius had Taurus on his shoulders. Aries was having a debate with Scorpio on whos power is more useful. Libra was on Sagittarius' back. Virgo, Pisces, and Cancer were playing hand games under a tree. The twins, were shouting that they were more powerful than their boy/girlfriends.

"We have powers! You guys don't!" Gem shouted. "Meaning we're more powerful!"

"You can't even open a pickle jar," Leo rolled her eyes.

Virgo walked over to Taurus and handed her five bucks, and then returned to her game.

"Yeah, well, opening a pickle jar includes breaking the laws of physics," Gem countered.

"That has nothing to do with it," Capricorn yelled.

"Still, neither of you can fly," Nye grinned. Nye took out his wings and flew a few feet, careful so no one would notice.

"Bet I can make him fall," Capricorn whispered to Leo. He then proceeded to announce, "Hey, Nye! I did IT with your sister."

Taurus got off Aquarius' shoulders and have Virgo ten bucks.

Nye face planted into the dirt. Gem covered her face while shifting uncomfortably. "Nope. No you did not. Nuh-uh. You did not do it with me."

Virgo gave the ten bucks back.

Capricorn threw his arm around her. "What? You didn't like it, babe?"

"We. Didn't. Do. Anything." Gem slapped his hand.

"She would've told me," Leo agreed.

"It's true. I would've." Gem nodded.

Aries and Scorpio looked at each other. Aries looked back at the four. "I'm so confused. Gem and Cap did it??"

"NO! We did not! My boyfriends just a little trickster-y jerk!" Gem huffed.

"I'm in trouble, aren't I?" Capricorn asked Leo.

"With her or her brother?" Leo proceeded to ask. "Because both."

"Cancer won't treat me like this," Gem decided hastily. "She's my new boyfriend."

"Yeah, piss off," Nye added.

"Gem, I'm sorry," Capricorn pleaded. "Don't go to her."

"I'm not sorry," Leo countered. "In fact, Nye and I have a score to settle. Nye, I challenge you to a race."

"And I challenge you to a moving competition!" Capricorn challenged Gem.

The race came first. The rules were simple. Powers were allowed, no sabotage, whoever crosses the finish line first wins. They were doing it on a trail in the park. Gem stayed clinging onto Cancer, much to Capricorn's dislike. Libra was the one to yell start at the starting point. Virgo was at the end with a stopwatch.

Libra stood in between Leo and Nye. Leo was stretching while Nye didn't have a care in the world.

"Starting positions!" Libra yelled, while Leo and Nye got ready to race. "Three, two, one... GO!"

Nye took off flying as Leo was running behind. Nye was taking his sweet time doing whatever he pleased. But, before he knew it, a blinding light came running past him. He stopped in his tracks questioning what it was.

At the finish line, Virgo got knocked down by the light and hit the stopwatch at five seconds. The light suddenly stopped in its tracks to reveal Leo. She fell to the ground, her hair had fallen out of her ponytail.