BFFE (Best Friends For Eternity)

"They will pay," Libra promised

"Pay? For what?" Pavo Mal asked. "I didn't drown the boy. And perhaps he should've listened to his friend before anything else."

"What - what do you mean?" Sagittarius cautiously asked.

Virgo checked her watch. Midnight. It was two days. The spell. Once they distracted Ms Mal, they could do the spell.

"You didn't know? Little Cancer warned him, but he didn't listen. That's a teenager for you," Pavo snickered.

"Stay away from us," Gem mumbled. She didn't stand up or look at anyone.

"I don't take pleasure in killing children. I'm here on a job." Pavo rolled her eyes, as if it was basic knowledge.

"Who are you working for?" Pisces asked.

Ms Mal wouldn't say, but Virgo has other ways. She peered into her thoughts.

Serpens. "Serpens." Virgo said aloud. "That's who she works for."

"Who?" Nye asked her.

"That's Phoenix's uncle. Hydrus' dad." Pisces' eyes widened. "No wonder Hydrus wants to kill us."

"Good for you. A plus. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to kill Gem," Pavo informed them.

"I'm sorry, you've gotta kill Who now?" Capricorn asked.

"Your girlfriend isn't meant to exist," Pavo told him. Pavo raised her gun and aimed at Gems forehead.

"But I do exist, and I'd rather keep it that way," Gem replies snarkily.  Gem used her powers to grab Pavo's gun and handed it to Sagittarius. "To protect yourself."

"We've gotta get out of here," Taurus told them.

The rest of them nodded. Pavo was still there and nobody payed attention to why she hadn't since moved. That is, until they heard the gunshot. Eleven of the remaining twelve Zodiacs whipped around to see Pavo Mal bleeding out on the ground. Two more gunshots rang out. Sagittarius stood there shakily holding the gun.

"Foolish girl," Pavo choked out. "Killing me won't stop this. Gem will still die. Many more friends will too."

"Gem will not die," Sagittarius growled at her. "She should exist."

"Even if she survives this war, she will die at by eighteen years old. Unless Nye dies first," Pavo growled back.

"Looks like I'm going to die," Nye announced.

"You are the one fate wants alive, young hero," Pavo snarled. "There can only be one of each zodiac. And you were born first."

"Is that right?" Gem asked Nye. "I could have sworn I was older."

"I'm - I'm not sure," Nye frowned.

"Um, guys? Should we heal her?" Cancer furrowed her eyebrows. "Because otherwise Sagittarius is a murderer."