Twenty Six Hands, Minus Six

"Best friends for eternity

"Best friends for eternity." Those were Gems last words.

Nye gripped her hands harder. "Gem? Gem! Wake up! Gem!"

Sagittarius pulled him away. She couldn't watch Nye suffer like this. It wasn't... natural. Instead she tried to comfort him by hugging him. She was no Leo, but she was his friend.

"You're a sick bastard," Cancer spat at him. "You know that? Burn in Hell."

"Look around, girly. The worlds already Hell. And to think, you were the ones to set it on fire." Hydrus spread his arms out wide. "We aren't going to Hell, we're already in it!"

And that's when Libra full on snapped. "Fuck you. Don't talk to my friends that way!" She used her powers to send him flying away. Libra had no idea where he landed and, frankly, she didn't care.

Scorpio grabbed her hand to help calm her down. "You did good, sweetheart."

Virgo backed into Capricorn on accident. "Uh, guys? Maybe we should perform the spell."

Aquarius nodded. "That's a good idea. Other wise we'll be dead in minutes."

"Zodiac order?" Pisces shouted over a large crackle of a branch.

"Yeah!" Taurus nodded. She pulled Nye up and grabbed his hand. Nye looked at her warily.

Cancer came on the other side of him and took his other hand, squeezing it tightly. Virgo took Cancers hand and they glanced at each other with a bit of joy behind sad eyes. Libra came and grabbed Virgo's hand, giving her stalking-buddy a small smile. Scorpio grabbed his girlfriends other hand and gave it a squeeze. Sagittarius walked over and grabbed Scorpios hand, and Scorpio looked at her with sympathy, as she still wore Aries' shirt. Capricorn grabbed Sagittarius' other hand and they glanced at each other with the same pain in their eyes. Aquarius grabbed Capricorn's free hand, but didn't look at him. Pisces grabbed Aqua's hand with an iron grip. Finally, Pisces and Taurus connected.

The group glanced around warily as absolutely nothing happened. That's when Sagittarius started crying.

"We aren't complete! We're supposed to have twenty six hands, but we're missing six!" She cried.

Cancer looked around them. She glanced Scorpio, who shared the same sense of style as Aries. She stared at Nye, who looked so much like his sister. She glanced at Sagittarius, who shared the same love for basketball as Leo.

She closed her eyes and pictured Aries laughing loudly at one of Aquarius' dumb jokes. She imagined Leo's southern accent as she sassed the teacher. She remembered how Gem would always roll in money once she won monopoly.

And then a spark flickered. Right in the center of all ten of them, Cancer made a spark flicker. And then again. Cancer remembered harder. She recalled how Aries shaved his legs when they stood up against the dress code. She imagined how Leo got detention on the first day of class. She remembered how Gem was always slightly wary of being around domes it Nye's friends. The spark was sustaining itself now.