Mind Reading and Ms. Mal

Virgo walked around the halls of the school, Cancer by her side

Virgo walked around the halls of the school, Cancer by her side. The two had been really close recently. Virgo couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she didn't have her powers, and how Ms Mal would attempt to kill them tomorrow.

"Virgo? Virgo? You there?" Cancer asked her.

Virgo snapped out of thought. "Yeah, sorry. Zoned out."

"I'm worried about all of that too, don't worry. You're not alone." Cancer kept walking down the hall as she said it.

"How did you-?" Virgo got cut off as Cancer interrupted.

"You're pretty easy to read," Cancer replied, her eyes twinkling.

Virgo stuttered something or other out as she walked beside Cancer. Easy to read? Just the other day Taurus had said she was impossible to read. Did Cancer already know her better than Taurus?

Virgos really cute, Cancer thought.

"Thanks, Cance," Virgo thanked her, flashing her a smile. Why did she use my name instead of 'you're'?

"I didn't say anything." Cancer blinked at Virgo. "Are you feeling alright?"

Shit, she's onto me. Abort, abort. Operation: don't let Virgo know you like her is a go, Cancer thought.

"I'm feeling fine." Virgo, in fact, was getting slightly dizzy. Cancer likes her? As in like-likes? But Virgo thought she was straight.

"Maybe we should sit down," Cancer decided. "I can't heal you if I don't know what's wrong."

Virgo nodded, still dizzy, as Cancer took her hand and led her to a bench. The two slowly sat down.

God, she looks sick. Was it something I said? Something I didn't say? God, this would be easier if she knew I was into girls, Cancer rambled on in her thoughts.

Let me clarify. Though not often brought up, Virgo revealed during sophomore year that she was, in fact, bi. Cancer, on the other hand, had been closeted for a while now.

Wait a second. Cancer likes girls... more specifically me. She likes me. Holy shit, should I ask her out? We could die tomorrow, maybe I should just kiss her. Virgos thoughts got the best of her.

So lost in her thoughts she started to subconsciously act them out. She leaned into Cancer as if to kiss her. Cancer was taken aback.

"Virgo?" Cancer asked, slightly alarmed.

"What's going on?" Virgo asked, blinking as if coming out of a trance.