Chapter 3: Salute

Cancer waltzed up to school the next day happily. Pisces followed. They happily chatted about the upcoming dance when the school playboy, Orion walked up to them.

"Hey, ladies," Orion winked. "Would you be my date to the dance?"

"No," Both answered in a monotone voice.

"What?" Orion's smile was fading fast. "I thought every girl adored me."

Cancer scoffed. "Most girls hate you, actually."

Orion looked baffled and walked away. Cancer and Pisces made their was to homeroom.

"I can't believe boys!" Pisces groaned, setting her backpack down in homeroom. "Honestly, they act like we'll fall at their feet the moment they start talking!"

"I know!" Cancer agreed. "They piss me off!"

"Who?" Gem asked curiously, turning around.

"Boys," Pisces groaned. "Most of them, anyways. They act like we're nothing but things that fawn over them."

"I can relate," Gem winced. "John Canis just asked me to go with him to the dance. By making a joke how women belong in the kitchen. His sister practically smacked his teeth out."

"What's wrong with the boys in this generation?" Cancer whined.

"Many things," Libra replied, waltzing in. "Which ones are talking about?"

"Problems or boys?" Gem asked, perplexed.

"Both," Libra said, sitting down.

"That they think they're better than us," Pisces informed. "And John Canis and Orion."

"Makes sense," Leo chimed in.

"When did you get here?" Cancer asked.

"Me and Sag have been here the whole time. Just eavesdropping," Leo shrugged and Sagittarius waved.

"It's sad how five of us have the exact same problem," Sagittarius added. "We should do something."

Taurus and Virgo walked up to the group.

"Sorry, but there's a girl circle. And that probably means the boys are being assholes again," Taurus said.

"Not the boys in our group, but in general they're treating us like dirt." Gem leaned back in her chair.

"We've gotta say something then," Virgo nodded in agreement. "We can't stay like this."

"It's the female federal." Leo grinned cockily and cracked her knuckles.

"Salute!" Sagittarius saluted Leo and everyone did the same. Even Leo saluted herself.

"Hey, what's up sis?" Nye walked in before noticing the girl circle. "Boy problems?"

"How do you know about that?" Virgo eyed Gem suspiciously.

"Because last time this happened Taurus broke up with John Canis." Nye raised an eyebrow.

"Oh," Virgo pursed her lips apologetically.

"So what's it this time?" Nye asked, sitting down. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

Virgo and Taurus glanced at each other, then at the rest of the group. A silent design was made to trust him.

"The boys in this school are treating us like dirt," Taurus finally said.

"Yeah, Orion simultaneously asked both me and Pi out." Cancer added, before glancing at Gem. Gems life flashed before her eyes. "And John Canis asked Gem out after making a sexist joke."

"He what?" An enraged Nye asked.

"Yeah. I know." Leo rolled her eyes. "And we're all really passed about it."

"Ladies, get your killer heals, sneakers, pumps, or lace up your boots. Tomorrow we come in ready to dominate. I'll get the other boys to join." Nye turned to Gem. "I'll need to borrow a dress."

—Next Day—

The girls got to school the early next day, with only Gem aware of Nye's plan. They had come to school in whatever they felt. Leo wore a white crop top, green ripped jeans, and boots. Her long brown hair was let down and wild - like a lion's mane. Gem came in with black leggings and a white tank top. Her ginger hair was pulled into a pony tail and she had a bright pink streak in it. Libra came in in a short dress that was blue and her hair pulled into a bun. Sagittarius wore a shirt that read 'Feminism: The radical notion that women are people!' And shorts. Taurus wore a green tee shirt and Jean shorts. Virgo wore something similar, but with a red shirt with a mini pocket. Cancer had a red shirt that read 'Girl, you are fabulous.' And a white skirt. Pisces wore a orange sundress that was tight fitting.

But that's when they saw it. It was glorious. It was fabulous. It was the boys.

The boys wore dresses and skirts and makeup. And they all looked pretty decent in them. Aries even shaved his legs. Scorpio blew a kiss toward Orion as he passed and Nye winked at John Canis. The girls burst into a laughing fit.

"Mr Galaxy!" The principal, Mr. Starz said, referring to Nye. "What are you wearing?"

"Our best friends kept getting harassed," Nye told him. "So if they get harassed, then so do we!"

"Moron." Sagittarius muttered. "He was supposed to say that we shouldn't be getting harassed."

"If they were getting harassed, then they should've come and seen me."  Mr. Starz told Nye.

"They did, you didn't do anything." Capricorn stepped up.

"And nobody's going to come to you if you ignore them," Scorpio added.

"Either way, I'm afraid I must dress code you all." Mr. Starz told them.

"Hell no," Aries sassed. "I did NOT shave my legs to get dress coded."

"And anyways, that rule is only for girls." Aquarius added.

"I'm sorry, what?" Mr. Starz asked, clearly confused.

"When you had that assembly about dress code, the guys didn't have to come." Nye chimed.

"Yes, well-" Mr. Starz got cut off by Aries.

"Yesterday Orion came in without a shirt and you just told him that he owed you a detention." Aries folded his arms.

"Perhaps, I should attempt to make some changes." Mr. Starz finally pursed his lips.

"You will make changes or I'm wearing short-shorts tomorrow." Aries crossed his arms.

"I'll - Ill make haste." Mr. Starz agreed.

"I love my boyfriend." Sagittarius smiled.

"Me too," Libra muttered.