Chapter Two

"So, Pi." Scorpio said, running up to her after school. "Wanna grab a coffee?"

The girl shot him a weird look. She folded her arms in a way that almost challenged him.  "And why would I do that?"

Scorpio racked his mind for an excuse to get her to come. "It doesn't have to be a date! We could grab Cancer or, uh," Scorpio glanced around, desperate to find another option, "Gem or Aqua!"

And there the two were. They were at the vending machine talking about something funny, as they had been laughing. Pisces glanced over at the two, then at Scorpio with a questioning look.

"A double date?" She asked the purple-haired boy.

"Well, no.  They aren't dating." Scorpio explained.

Pisces smirked and shrugged. "Why not? We can't keep dragging Cancer along."

"Really?" Scorpio grinned before quickly dropping it and trying to act cool. "Er, I mean, cool. Let's go invite them."

The pair of water signs walked over to the pair of air signs. Aquarius and Gem took no notice of them and continued laughing over a joke.

"Um, hey?" Pisces asked politely.

The air signs looked over at her and tried to stop laughing. Their failure was painfully obvious as Aquarius let out a very loud snort. Gem shrieked a laugh because of it and both of them doubled over in a laughing fit. After a full five minutes, they mostly regained their sanity and took a deep breath.

"Hi." Aquarius giggled. "Sorry about that."

"What was that?" Scorpio scowled, crossing his arms.

"We were laughing about our last class. Leo got detention." Gem snorted happily.

"How? It's the first day!" Scorpio asked, bewildered.

"Leo was chewing gum and the teacher commented on how she had 'no class.'" Gem started, giggling at the story. "So, Leo stood up and left class. When the teacher asked why, Leo replied with 'You said I didn't have class.'"

"It's an interesting start to the new year." Pisces grinned happily. "Anyways, we were wondering if you two would wanna join us for coffee?"

"Like a double date?" Gem asked, almost fearfully.

"Not at all. Just four friends." Scorpio informed.

"I need a ride home anyways." Aquarius shrugged.

"I'm in." Gem agreed. "Sounds like fun."

"I'll bring my car 'round." Scorpio promised, running off as the other three walked onto the sidewalk.

"I'm guessing that we're saving you from once again turning Scorpio down as a date." Aquarius guessed.

"As usual, you know it, Q." Pisces agreed, huffing.

"Poor Pi. She'll never escape." Aquarius laughed.

"Hey, there's Scorpio." Gem piped.

Scorpio's black truck pulled into view. He had a a beagle in the back seat that wore some type of grin as it barked at the three signs.

"You coming?" Scorpio asked, rolling down the window.

"I CALL BACK!" Gem screamed, rushing toward the dog.

"I'll get shotgun." Aquarius smirked, jumping into the front seat. An unnoticed sigh escaped from Scorpio as Pisces climbed into the back seat.

"What's his name?" Gem asked, putting the beagle onto her lap.

"Her name is Queen." Scorpio corrected. "Like Queen Beagle, aka Queen B."

"You named your dog that for the sake of a pun?" Pisces mused, patting Queen.

"I would also name my children for the sake of a pun." Scorpio proudly announced.

The four pulled up at a little coffee shop on the corner and stood in line. Gem still had the dog in her arms and was hugging it with a very large smile plastered onto her face. She grinned and kept kissing the dog without mercy. Aquarius was generally confused on how they let Queen in here.

Pisces and Aquarius ordered their coffees and stared at the other two, waiting for their orders.

"Two hot chocolates please." Gem said, holding up two fingers.

"How do you know his order?" Aquarius asked with a smirk.

"Last I saw him try coffee, he looked like he might puke." Gem assured. "I just figured."

The four sat down at a table with their drinks and settled in. Scorpio set down both his and Gem's drinks, since she still had the dog.

"So, Lee is in detention. Where's everyone else?" Pisces asked. "I know Cancer is out getting her nails done with her step-mom."

"Yeah, she is." Scorpio agreed. "Libra, Taurus, and Virgo are at the mall, I think."

"Aries and Sagittarius are on a date." Aquarius sipped his coffee.

"Nye and Capricorn are playing laser tag to scare little kids or whatever." Gem piped up.

"'Course they are." Pisces laughed. "So what's the gossip?"

"Not much yet," Gem shrugged, before leaning in. "But I think Libra has a crush on Aries."

"Her and Sagittarius never really did get along." Scorpio agreed.

"But other than that, nothings going on with us." Aquarius leaned back. "Give it a week, though. Then it'll get interesting."

——
I didn't get a good feel for this chapter but whatever. Please comment ideas, ships, friendships and stuff! I love seeing comments! Bye y'all!