Nightmares Come to Life

Capricorn, Nye, Cancer, and Sagittarius were still holding ground at camp

Capricorn, Nye, Cancer, and Sagittarius were still holding ground at camp. Until they heard growls. Wolves emerged from the trees.

"We're screwed," Nye groaned.
———
Gem, Taurus, and Pisces were robbing the closest convenience store they could find. It was a small mini mart that had been abandoned due to all of the fires downtown. 

"I found some medical supplies," Taurus called.

Pisces walked over and inspected the supplies. "We already have Cancer, what do we need these for?"

"Just in case Cancer isn't always with us. Like, right now." Taurus hesitated before saying the last part.

"Here's a bunch of food. And some waters." Gem was placing all she could fit into a large reusable bag.

"I can't believe this place was abandoned," Pisces said. She wandered around the store. She had volunteered in case she had to fight someone, so she was on patrol.

"People are trying to stay close to their families as the world burns to the ground. I'd be closer to Capricorn right now if I could, but I have a job to do." Taurus made sure not to make eye contact with Gem, who was missing her brother.

"I'm sorry I volunteered us. I just assumed you'd be really useful on the mission,"  Gem apologized. "I should've asked. I should've gave thought it through."

"That's okay, Gem. We're all missing someone," Taurus assured her.

"How sweet. Seems I keep running into the little flirt," Hydrus smirked. He walked into the convenience store and leaned against the wall. "I'll almost feel bad killing you."

"I won't feel bad killing you!" Gem user her powers to lift up a shelf and thrusted it his way. She turned back to Taurus and Pisces. "Let's get outta here."

Taurus and Pisces nodded. Pisces used her powers to bend the plumbing under the store toilet to point at Hydrus. It blasted him back a bit. The three of them continued to run outside.

"I think it's this way," Taurus instructed, pointing to the woods. Pisces nodded. "I'm turning invisible. I'll still be right beside you guys."

The three of them ran faster than they ever did before. But Gem got pulled back by the one and only Hydrus.

"Hey sweet cheeks." Hydrus flashed her a sickening grin.

Gem gave him a kick right in the balls and he fell down groaning. Gem started running in the opposite direction, unsure where else to go and hoping she could lead him away from her friends. Except she found herself surrounded by burning trees.