Nightmares

Fire

Fire. Hot flames. Everywhere. Clouding my vision. My thoughts. My name is Sagittarius. My friends call me Tari. And I can see the future.

This dream is different. It's like I'm watching instead of feeling this time. I'm guessing it means that this dream isn't about me. Although I have a feeling that it will involve a loved one.

My name is Sagittarius and I'm currently watching the world burn around me. I walk among flames and my feet don't feel a thing. A place is burning to the ground. Some important place, I know it. And my worst fear is that it will one day hold the graves of my friends....

...and myself.

I don't know what future this is supposed to tell me but I don't like it. In fact I can't stand it. What point is this to prove? I know this would all go wrong. I know we're destined to die. I can't see any of my friends. I can't see what this place was. I'm not even sure what's going on.

"Nye!" a voice sobbed from the distance. "Where are you?"

I spun around. There I saw a girl with a mud stained face. She was scarred and burned severely down her arms and legs. Her hair was falling out of what looked to be braids. And she was sobbing. And she was Gem.

I ran to her and tried to hug her. But I only passed through. I have no control. This isn't like last time. Now it's less of a reality and more of a... dream. But that doesn't make it any less real.

"Nye! Nye!" She cried out. "You promised me you'd stay with me! You promised me!"

Gem stood in a ring of flames. They were closing in on her. "Nye! Where are you?"

"Gem?"

Just then, a boy came up behind her. His face was stained with blood and dirt. His hair hung low over his face. What used to be dirty blonde became completely blonde. The boys clothing - a simple tee shirt and jeans - were torn and ripped. When he looked up he had a black eye. Good old Capricorn.

"Cap!" Gem ran into him and squeezed him tightly. "I've missed you!"

"Where have you been?" Cap asked her, hugging her tightly in return.

"I thought I saw someone so I chased them. And then this fire... it came out of nowhere! So I got trapped. I can't used my telekinesis to pick up pure energy. Or myself." Gem squeezes Cap tighter.

Cap and Gem together again. So this is what I was supposed to be shown. I wanted to hug them so badly. I wanted to tell them they'd be okay. But I had no idea. So I couldn't.

"Where's Nye? Is he safe?" Gem let go of Capricorn and looked him dead in the eye with worry.

"I have no idea, Gem. We split up to find everyone. We were gonna meet back at the base in an hour." Capricorn sighed and scratched his head. This only caused Gem to worry more.