Wake Me Up

I can't breath... help me... what's happening...

I force my eyes open only to see distorted vision. It's blue... but wavy... and I can almost make out two familiar faces... but it's hazy...

All of it.

Two figures, one a white person with a mans build, the other a black person with a girls build, dive into the water. I almost think they're my friends, but at the same time, what if they're not?

I struggle and kick and almost open my mouth to scream, when I realize closing it is what's keeping me alive. That's when, as if being pulled by some current, the two figures are torn away from me. I hear them scream out for each other, and I can't tell if I'm safe or not.

Voices. I hear voices. Familiar voices, too. A male and a female.

"We've gotta save 'em!" The male says. Aries? It sounds like Aries. It's hard to tell, but it's the best I can make out.

"Cancer and Scorpio couldn't get through that current. We have no chance. The best thing we can do for 'em is stay safe," the girl says. Leo. I know that southern voice anywhere.

"But... Tari..." Aries never finishes his thought. "How do we tell..."

I assumed he would finish with the words 'the others,' but everything goes dark.

—————

"She's waking up! She's waking up!" A doctor yelled hurriedly.

Sagittarius woke up to see hazy figures hovering over her.

"She's stable... for now," another doctor replies.

"Thanks, Doctor Madeline," Aries said, shaking her hand.

"No problem. She should be fine to leave here in an hour." The Doctor nodded and took off.

Cancer and Pisces immediately hugged her tightly.

"We were so worried!" Cancer sighed.

"I thought you died!" Pisces gripped her tighter. "Never scare me like that again."

"I wish I could promise that, but I may have found my superpower," Sagittarius sighed. She recounted the dream and started shaking. "I think I end up dying."

"We'll keep you safe! We promise!" Gem assured. "You won't die on our watch!"

"Don't make empty promises, Gem," Virgo told the twin, rubbing her back.

"It's not empty!" Gem protested, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Not yet, Gem. But we can't change what's set in stone," Virgo frowned.

"You sure as hell can watch me try," Gem cried.

Taurus sighed. "And you're sure this is the future? Your future?"

"I'm not sure about much anymore," Sagittarius confessed. "But I believe so."

"I trust you," Aries announced suddenly. "I don't like the future, but I trust in you, so I'll trust in it."

"The other day I found out I could teleport," Scorpio agreed. "So I trust you too."

"I trust y'all more than m'self, so same," Leo announced.

Capricorn glanced at Nye and spoke up. "If you get a vision of me dating a hot girl, than I'm in."

Nye elbowed him. "Looks like you'll never be in, because no girl wants to date you."

"I dunno, bro. Maybe the mop in the janitor closet would," Gem snickered.

"I guess us three are in." Nye high-fived his sister.

"I came here to check on Tari, but honestly I'm feeling so attacked right now," Capricorn scoffed, his hand dramatically on his heart.

Virgo and Taurus looked at each other and shrugged. Virgo stated, "We're with you too."

"To the end." Taurus added in.

Aquarius and Libra laughed.

"Count us in, dude," Aquarius agreed while Libra nodded.

Pisces looked around and grinned. "Don't count me out of this party."

"It's not a party without us, anyways." Cancer smugly grinned. "We are so in."

"You guys could be putting your lives at risk," Sagittarius looked at them worriedly.

Gem looked at her and started crying. She Sagittarius' hand and looked deeply into her eyes and said, "Some people are worth melting for."

"This is why I don't want to be seen with you in public," Nye groaned.

"What? Afraid your sister'll outshine you?" Scorpio laughed.

"I can barely look at her without her being a Giant ball of light," Nye joked.

"Dude. We look alike." Gem spread her arms in a 'what the heck' manner.

"Yeah, that backfired pretty badly,"  Nye nodded in agreement.

"Like your life!" Scorpio shouted,

"OHHHHHHHHHHH!" Scorpio and Gem shouted in unison.

"Hey, Nye. What if I become your sister and Scorpio and Gem can be siblings now?" Cancer jokingly asked.

"Sounds good to me," Nye laughed in return.

"Great! Now we got rid of the boring ones!" Gem taunted.

"Now we can have some real fun!" Scorpio shouted.

"Hey, Libra, Virgo. Can Taur and I talk to you in the hall?" Aquarius asked.

"Sure." Libra stubbornly accepted.

The four walked into the hall and looked at each other.

Aquarius was the first to break the silence. "Why were you guys spying on our date?"

Virgo looked at Libra accusingly. Libra rolled her eyes. "I overheard you guys in the hall and wanted to see how your date went without asking so you wouldn't think I was eavesdropping. So I begged Virgo to join me."

"Why'd you say yes?" Taurus asked in confusion.

"So she'd stop bugging me." Virgo shrugged.

"Y'know, you could've just said so," Aquarius laughed. "It was a crowded hallway. We would've understood."

"Oh." Libra flushed.

"And next time, don't wear trench coats and fake mustaches. Or drive behind us on our way to the hospital," Taurus added. "You guys were really bad spies."

"Gee, thanks," Virgo replies sarcastically.

"No hard feelings?" Libra asked.

"None at all." Aquarius fist-bumped her.

"Cool. You guys ready to go celebrate Tari's revival?" Taurus asked.

"She never died," Virgo stated.

"But it seemed like she did, so let's go celebrate anyways." Taurus ran inside the room.

"Hey, wait up!" Aquarius quickly followed.

Virgo was about to do the same, when Libra called her name.

"Hey, Virgo?"

"Yes, Libra?"

"Thanks for helping me," Libra admitted.

"It's no problem. But next time, ask me to help you study instead of spy," Virgo agreed.

"Noted," Libra laughed. The two walked inside together.