A Twist of Fate

"I've got a really bad feeling, you guys," Aquarius told Virgo and Libra

After their Ms Mal sighting, they had been trying to get back to camp. But with Hydrus patrolling the border of the woods, it was nearly impossible to get anywhere.

"I always had a bad feeling. But did you listen? No!" Aquarius continued complaining to the girls.

"Shut up. I'm trying to read his mind," Virgo snapped, referring to Hydrus.

Aquarius shut up. Virgo concentrated, and was able to hear Hydrus' thoughts.

Gem should be dead. Nobody could survive all those falling trees and fire. Calling out for her big brother. Ha. Nobody's going to come for her. Well, maybe they'll come for her corpse. Hydrus' thoughts echoed in her mind.

Tears slipped down Virgo's face. "Oh my god. I think Gem is dead."

"What do you mean?" Libra asked Virgo, putting her hand on Virgo's shoulder.

"Hydrus. I read his mind. He said Gem should be dead," Virgo cried. Libra hugged the virgin.

"Should be. Maybe somebody came to help her," Libra attempted to reassure her.

"Hydrus said she kept calling out for Nye. But then she suddenly stopped." Virgo kept crying onto Libra's shoulders.

"That's impossible," Aquarius said. "She still had Cap. And Leo."

"Even though she had them, Leo was finding water, Cap was at base. Pisces and Taurus got separated from her. She was alone. She died alone," Virgo sobbed out.

The three of them huddled together and cried because of what they thought became of their friend.
————————

"If that son of a bitch goes near me again, I'll kill him myself," Gem growled. She was, of course, talking about Hydrus.

"Don't worry, I'll help you. Base is just this way," Capricorn said, as he pushed away some branches.

"I can't believe Phoenix is cousins with him. How does he stand it?" Gem complained.

"Hydrus is family. Sometimes, that's enough." Capricorn finally saw the cabin. "Come on."

The two walked up to the cabin. It was completely abandoned. Cancer had left it all alone.

"Let's sit down and clean you off. What'd you get at the store?" Capricorn asked.

"I think I dropped my bag. Pisces might've picked it up. But we got some food and medical supplies, which could be useful right now." Gem winced. She ripped off the bottom of her shirt, which was already slightly torn. She wrapped it around one of her scars.