Chapter 2

Horn P.O.V

I worry about Cuts and his condition. His skin is so thin already and his picking doesn't help. I don't want to see him in the hospital again.

It happened when we first starting dating. We were only fooling around. Neither of us thought that a bite would put him in the hospital. Needless to say, I don't bite him anymore.

We've both noticed that our conditions practically go hand in hand. When he has the urge to pick I have the urge to smoke and vice versa. It's like there's some deeper connection between us.

I know that Cuts despises my smoking habits but I have good reason to do it. My parents were drug lords so I grew up around all sorts of bad things. I saw what drugs could do to people and what those people would do to get more. It's not a pretty sight by any means, but somehow I still fell into the cycle.

Rival drug lords kidnapped my parents and younger sister when I was about thirteen. They killed them and left me alive, even after I begged for death. They wanted me to serve as a reminder for what happens when you cross rival boundaries.

I got my revenge on them slowly, one by one until I finally got to their leader. Of course, because they were all junkies and addicts all of their autopsies revealed they died of overdoses. The police hardly questioned any of it.

I'm not quite as dumb as some people think. I can use my brain fairly well when I need to.

I smoke marijuana because I grew up around it. I needed some way to escape the pain and that seemed like the best option. I've been trying to stop for quite some time, but like I said, when Cuts picks I smoke.

I worry about Cuts in more ways than one. I worry because he's my lover and also my best friend. Even in the beginning when both our problems were worse we still tried to help. It only brought us closer together until we couldn't deny our feelings any longer.

Cuts gets flustered rather easily. It's very cute when he does. His pale skin becomes the color of a beautiful red rose from ear to ear. I love seeing his blush. He, however, likes to hide when I get him flustered.

He tries to pull the covers over his head to hide from me, but I don't let him. I yank the covers down, earning a frightened yelp from him. I chuckle softly and kiss his cheek.

"You're adorable~," I say with a soft purr.

His blush only grows darker but I see him crack a small smile. He may not admit it, but he loves when I compliment him. His scars and his body make him insecure and he really only shows himself around me. Because of this, I make sure to compliment him at any opportunity. I know it makes him happy and I never say anything that isn't true.

"You're my beautiful rose," I whisper softly as I pull him onto my lap.

Cuts wraps his arms around my neck to keep himself steady and smiles. God, I love him so much. Everything about him; his smile; his freckles; his cute little nose; his scars. I love every single aspect of him. I wouldn't change a thing.

"I love you," he says, entangling his fingers in my hair as he pulls me into a loving kiss.

"I love you too," I say after breaking the kiss.

Our clothes slowly litter the floor after a few moments of kissing. The last thing we take off is our boxers. I know that he is still rather insecure about putting his body on display for me to see.

I kiss a few scars on his shoulder and chest to reassure him. "You're very handsome."

He smiles shyly and I see a bit more confidence in him. Even with his sarcastic comments about me, he is still the most precious person I have ever known. I will never stop loving him.

His body begins to tense up as he eases himself onto my length. I whisper him to relax while peppering his neck with kisses. He relaxes after a few moments and lets a small breathy moan escape his lips.

Cuts begins to rock his hips gently while still adjusting to the familiar feeling of pleasure. He mutters a soft swear under his breath that I can't quite make out, not that it matters to me.

After a few minutes, Cuts adjusts to the feeling and is rocking his hips in a good rhythm. My movements coordinate with his. I have a rather good grip on his hips and guide his movements so we keep our rhythm going.

I know I've hit his sweet spot when he lets out a loud moan and begs me for more. A smirk finds its way onto my face as I begin to attack his g-spot with my thrusts. Each moan brings us both closer to our climax.

His nails instinctively dig into my back with each thrust. He's close. He always scratches my back when he's close to his climax.

One final thrust sends us both over the edge and brings us to a strong orgasm; our bodies still connected in kinetic passion.

I ease him off and we both collapse onto the bed. Cuts nestles his head into the crook of my neck as he catches his breath. We are both tired and need the rest.

I wrap my arms around him and hold him close to me. He smiles and runs his fingers through my hair. It was a bit of a shock to him when I suddenly cut off my hair.

"You look good with short hair," he says softly.

"I'm glad you're finally starting to like it."

Cuts smiles and closes his eyes, his fingers still entwined in my hair. He smiles and I know he's falling asleep. It doesn't take long for me to do the same.