Chapter 3

Cuts P.O.V

I wake up several hours later with hazy vision. I blink several times before my vision finally adjusts. A soft sigh escapes my lips as I sit up to stretch my aching joints.

Horn snakes his arms around my waist and keeps me in bed. "Don't get up yet," he whines.

"I'm taking a shower," I say while ruffling his purple hair.

His roots are beginning to show, revealing his brunet hair. I've never seen him with brunet hair before. He always dyes his hair again before his roots get too noticeable. He seems to despise his natural hair color.

"Your roots are showing, Hun," I say, playing with his hair.

"Fuck," he groans, rolling from my side to the floor. "I'll fix it tomorrow."

"Why don't you like being a brunet?" I ask, wanting to know if he would actually give me an answer.

Horn flips a few locks of hair from his eyes and lets out a deep sigh. It's his usual reaction when he doesn't feel like answering. I no longer expect a response and decide that taking my shower will be best.

I crawl off the bed and walk to the bathroom. Cold showers are the only types of showers I can take. Hot water can damage my already fragile skin. I've grown used to the cold by now but some part of me still wishes for at least a warm shower.

The water runs for about a minute or so before I decide to get in. The water is still close to freezing. Unfortunately, it's the only way to prevent further damage to my skin. I also know that Horn likes to make sure that I haven't been picking in the shower and hot water might encourage that.

The warmer the water the more I have the urge to touch my skin. Touching leads to rubbing and rubbing leads to picking or scratching until blood finally makes an appearance. Basically, cold showers are a must.

I stand under the stream for a few moments before beginning to wash my ginger curls. I cringe as shampoo finds its way under the bandages wrapped around my fingers and cause the cuts to burn.

I mumble a curse under my breath and begin to run water under the bandages. There is no real point in trying to salvage them because I will have to change them anyway.

The water will cause the adhesive to stop sticking and I will need to carefully dry my wounds so they don't get infected. Horn worries when my cuts get infected.

After I finish washing I get out of the shower and turn the water off. I then dry myself completely and change any bandages that need to be changed.

After I'm finished I walk out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist. Horn is sitting on the floor with a bowl of hair dye and the brush to apply it. Apparently, he decided that he couldn't wait until tomorrow.

I throw on some clean clothes and sit down behind him. He isn't using a mirror, however, but rather the camera on his phone.

"You are going to miss so many places," I tell him while grabbing the bowl of dye.

"I'll manage. Put the dye down before you get it under your bandages. I don't want you getting any infections from it," he says with a stern yet caring tone.

"I'll be careful."

"I don't want to take any chances. Not with fresh wounds at least," he says, slowly taking the bowl back.

I give up and let him dye his roots himself. I know he only refuses my help because he cares for my health, but I wish he would be a little less paranoid about it.

His paranoia started right after my trip to the hospital. He didn't touch me for at least a week out of fear that he would make my condition worse. It took a good amount of reassurance to get him to touch me again.

"I would have been careful," I say, sitting next to him instead of behind him.

Horn sighs softly and finishes his roots. He doesn't say anything when I take the bowl and brush over a few spots he missed. I make sure to be extra careful about not getting any dye on my fingers.

"There," I say, setting the bowl down.

He checks in his camera just to make sure that I didn't miss any spots either. Luckily, I didn't. He looks rather satisfied with his hair. Now all he has to do is wait for thirty minutes and then hop in the shower to wash it out.

"Thanks, Babe," he says softly while kissing my cheek.

"No problem," I say with a smile.

He looks me over for a few moments before speaking. I already know what he's going to ask before he does, but I don't say anything.

"When's the last time you ate?" he asks.

I sigh and rub my face gently before taking a minute to think. I often forget to eat because I start doing other things. Horn normally snacks at work so he doesn't eat until later.

"Yesterday, I think," I reply with a bit of uncertainty.

He stands from the floor and pulls me with him. It's clear that he's going to make me eat.

Horn pulls me to the kitchen and starts looking through the pantry for something to make. He knows that I'm not one for huge meals and pulls out a pack of ramen noodles.

"You really should eat more regularly," he says softly while grabbing a pot from one of the cupboards.

I hop up onto the counter and sit while he waits for the water to boil.

"I know, but I forget."

"I still don't know how you forget to eat. I can't go a day without food," he says.

"Because you get the munchies from all the pot you smoke," I say while poking his nose.

He doesn't say anything after that because he knows that I'm right. He gives me a bowl of ramen and doesn't leave until I've finished all of it.

I put my bowl and fork in the dishwasher after I'm finished and tell Horn to wash the dye out of his hair.

"Can I have a kiss first?" he asks with a cute begging voice.

I give him a small peck on the lips that makes him smile. He then goes to wash the dye from his hair. I honestly don't know what I would do without him.