First Dance

*Listening to I Need A Doctor by Dr. Dre*

__________________________

Princess Chloe swam through the castle alongside Nathaniel while Sabrina steadily followed behind. "I'm so glad you've finally come to your senses Nathaniel. You'll find my company much more valuable than those rotten fish you always hang around." The blonde princess said with a giggle. "So you came to hear all about little ole me hmm?"

"Um..yes, Princess!" Nathaniel responded with a nervous grin. "Time with you is time worth whiled!"He cringed slightly at his words, luckily the Princess did not noticed, but Sabrina gave him a suspicious look from behind.

Sabrina knew as much as any other sea creature that Nathaniel had feelings for Marinette. So why was he suddenly so enthusiastic to spend time with Chloe? The red head would have voiced her concern for her blonde bestie by now, but she couldn't think of any incentive Nathaniel might have for being with Chloe.

 Sabrina was also well aware of Chloe's reason for her interest in Nathaniel. Chloe had always envied Marinette for a lot of things, friends, her natural beauty, and a boy who fawned over her tail and fin. She saw Marinette as an enemy, a rival, so she took every chance she could to make the blunette's life as miserable as it could be.

"I thought you would be following around the red fish stick and her slimy crew. What DID happen to dear old Mari anyway?" Chloe eyed Nathaniel a little more curiously.

"She kind of disappeared since your uh....visit at her cavern the other day. I guess she's busy or something." Nathaniel held a sad expression, but quickly wiped it away, remembering what he was here for. "It doesn't matter, I much rather spend time with you Princess. I don't know what I was thinking hanging out with a girl obsessed with humans."

"A smart boy you are." Chloe said with a wicked grin. "Well luckily for you, I had nothing else better to do today. I'm supposed to be meeting with this royal merman in a few days though named Prince Ali, but he sounds completely lame. He actually helped a seahorse give birth, how disgusting!"

"Heh...yeah...pretty gross..." Nathaniel noticed that they were passing the throne room. There is where he saw the King's Trident in it's pedestal and the King on his throne talking with other mermaid ambassadors.

"How am I supposed to get the Trident without anyone noticing? There's has to be hundreds of guards in the palace, I can't just swim out with it without being seen."

"When the time is right, my eels will infiltrate the palace to assist you. When the time is right, you will swipe the Trident and make your way out of the castle. By the time anyone realizes it's missing you will already be making your way outside the kingdom."

"How will I know when the time is right?" Nathaniel asked.

"You will know when you see it." Hawkmoth replied in a dark tone. "Until then, you must find a way to get inside the palace when that happens. Might I suggest using the Princess? She seems to have a strange liking towards you."

Nathaniel wasn't exactly sure what Hawkmoth meant and why in all of the ocean would Princess Chloe have an interest in him. As confusing as it was it didn't matter, in the end he was going to go through with it, because in the end you're willing to sacrifice everything for that one special person...the person you love.