The Plan

Alright so I entered this story in this year's MLwattys, so wish me luck! 😁😁😁

Now let's get this show on the road.

*Listening to All the way by Jacksepticeye*

______________________________________

"There they are!"  

Alya and Tikki tensed at the sudden shout, but were somewhat relived to find out that Rose and Juleka were the very mermaids that were swimming towards them at this moment. "G..Girls! What are you doing here?" Alya asked.

"We were worried about Marinette...so we followed you here...." Rose said looking guilty.

"What's going on Alya?" Juleka asked. "We're Marinette's friends too, if something's going on and she's in trouble, we want to help."

Alya looked over at Tikki who simply sighed. "She's right, I'm sure Marinette would be fine with it. They are her friends too."

Alya sighed as well. "Alright, but try not to freak out too much okay?" The two mermaids nodded and Alya began to catch them up on the events that occurred the past couple of days.

~~~~~~~~~

Marinette held a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a loaf of bread in the other that she had already started eating. She was also now wearing a beret from a nearby hat shop that was given to her for free by the village hat maker. Apparently the little dance they joined in had been a competition and they had won, which resulted in all these gifts and prizes. They were even given an entire wheel of cheese that Plagg was currently enjoying in his seat next to the couple.

Adrien looked over at Marinette and then at the ropes in his hand that he used to command the horses where to go. "You wouldn't happen to want to give this a try would you?" He asked her politely. 

Marinette beamed at the offer and practically shoved all her items into the blonde's arms as she took hold of the ropes and shook them as hard as she could causing the horses to start running forward at full speed. The carriage jolted causing Adrien to drop everything in his arms and Plagg screeched a meow jumping right on the Prince's head. "We're gonna die!" The cat shouted in fear at the girl's lack of driving skills.

Adrien used his now free hands to hold on for dear life as he began to wonder that perhaps this wasn't such a good idea. There was a gap in the road, Adrien's eyes widen and he looked over at the blunette and his heart pumped in fear when she made no move whatsoever to stop.

This girl's crazy! He shouted in his mind.

A gleam sparkled in Marinette's eyes as she started to pick up speed and momentum. They jumped over the large gap and made it to the other side. The prince fell forward inside the carriage due to the rough landing. When he lifted his head up peaking over the edge he saw that they were steadily continuing the path on the road. He looked over at the blue eyed girl who just continued to smile while she guided them to their destination.

Wow this girl is awesome. He thought. She's crazy awesome!

Adrien smiled back at Marinette and leaned back in his seat while resting his arms behind his head as he continued to let her drive their carriage. "That was actually really good for your first try I assume?" Marinette nodded happily at the blonde.

"Speak for yourself Princey." Plagg groaned after getting over the sudden shock and looked over to the girl. "I'm revoking your horse carriage -ing license fish legs."

~~~~~~~~~

The sun was beginning to set and the light of day was disappearing into night. Adrien decided to take Marinette for a boat ride out in a Lagoon that connected with the ocean. He used to have picnics and go on boat rides there all the time back when his mother was still alive, he was never able to bring himself to come back.....until today. While the Prince rowed their boat across the water Marinette looked around at the beautiful sight and they sat in content silence.

 Plagg had decided to stay on dry land being a cat and all. While he sat on the edge licking his paw he spotted something red in the water. Having a good guest of who that might be he followed it and it led him behind a large tree that grew out of the water surrounded by tall grass that was also growing from under the water. Hiding behind the grass were Alya, Rose, and Juleka. The three mermaids were watching the couple in secret and they spoke quietly while they observed the scene.

"So let me get this straight." Juleka whispered. "If Marinette can get that human prince to kiss her before sunset tomorrow, she gets to stay as a human forever?"

Alya nodded. "Yes...and if she doesn't she'll turn back into a mermaid and become a prisoner of the sea witch."

"Oooohhh this is all so Romantic!" Rose beamed. "Well....minus the sea witch part."

"Nothing's....happening though." Juleka said sounding slightly bored.

"This is getting ridiculous." Alya groaned. "It's been two days already and that boy hasn't puckered up once!"

"Remember when I said that they could use a push?" Tikki said once she resurfaced. "This could be our chance to do just that."

"What do you mean?" Alya asked.

"Oooohhh I know!" Rose spoke. "Why not make it super romantic to a point where he won't be able to resist kissing Marinette?!"

"And how do we do that?"

Rose grinned, "We could sing a song!" The two mermaids and Tikki stared at the pink mermaid. 

"Rose....no....just no." Alya said.

"Aww...why not?" Rose whined.

"This isn't a freaking musical, we can't just sing a song whenever we feel like it!"

"Besides, you know I can't sing Rose..." Juleka added.

"We're mermaids Juleka. Of course we can sing. You just don't." Rose countered.

"Well if it's music you want, then I'm just the cat to provide it." Plagg said heading up to the top of the tree and perched himself on a branch. "Just watch and learn ladies.~" The black cat cleared his throat and let out a screeching meow trying to provide a melodic sound, but instead sounded like a painful cry. The mermaids cringe covering their ears and Tikki dunked underwater to avoid the noise. 

Adrien stopped rowing and looked up at the feline up in the tree chuckling and leaning in to whisper to Marinette. "I think our buddy should find a better hobby don't you think?" He joked. Marinette gave a nervous smile and looked up at the cat who simply gave her a wink and continue to sing and she face palmed.

"Okay..." Alya sighed. "As much as I hate it, I'm pretty sure we can do way better than THAT and it's the only idea we got going for us right now. So I'm willing to swallow my pride this once....for Marinette."

Rose smiled and turned to face Juleka giving her a hopeful smile. The dark mermaid sighed and returned a smile to the pink mermaid before facing Alya. "For Marinette."

___________________________

*Listening to Immortals by Fall out boy*

Man I really need to watch Big Hero 6 again.......