Something Strange

*listening to 679 by Fetty Wap*

I'm currently in the back of an Uber on my way to work. Why did I think it was a good time to start on this next chapter?

Celestia knows I'm not going to finish it before I clock in. 😑

Also I mentioned in the last chapter how I was right about Gabriel not being Hawkmoth.....well....

Watch the first episode of Season 2 and see how utterly disappointed I was to figure out the truth.

_____________________________

"Marinette wake up!" Plagg shouted while hopping on to the bed next to the sleeping girl. Marinette sleepily blinked her eyes open and sat up staring at the cat. She yawned before throwing her hands in the air, as if to ask why he was waking her up so suddenly.

"Get dressed fish legs you got a big day ahead of you!" Marinette raised an eyebrow at the cat, still confused at what he was talking about. "Haven't you heard? Adrien announced this morning that he found the girl of his dreams and was getting hitched TODAY!" Marinette's eyes widen and her mouth dropped. "Who else could he possibly be talking about after the day you two had yesterday?! Now come on!"

Marinette blinked confused at first, but once it started to sink in a smile grew on her face. Adrien was going to ask her to marry him? Marinette hopped out of her bed excited as she picked up the feline and twirled around placing a kiss on his head. In her excitement she didn't even bother to get dressed, she looked at her reflection and fluffed up her hair using her hands and ran out the door still dressed in her pajamas.

With Plagg following behind, she ran down the hall and towards the stairs in search of her beloved when she looked over the ledge her heart leaped at the sight of the Prince below, but stopped immediately when her eyes shifted over to the girl beside him. "Wait...who is that?" she wondered. The blunette hid behind one of the pillars and continued to foresee what was going on, Plagg watched as well.

"Well Adrien...I guess I have been proven wrong." Nathalie said observing the brunette beside the Prince. "This girl of yours actually...exist."

Marinette's gasp was unheard due to not being able to make a sound. She looked at the girl who clung on to Adrien smiling up at him.

"This....this can't be right...." Plagg thought, he looked at the blonde who held an emotionless expression. "Something is seriously wrong."

"Congratulations, Ms......um..."

"Lila." The girl said with a smile. "My name is Lila."

"I'd like for us to be married as soon as possible." The Prince requested. "This afternoon in fact."

Something was definitely wrong.

"Adrien you must understand that these things take time-"

"I'd like the wedding to occur before sunset. It is what M'lady wishes." Adrien's tone sounded just as emotionless as the expression on his face. "She also wishes for our Union to occur out on sea. Understood Nathalie?"

"Well....if that is what you wish your highness." Nathalie said. "I will make sure that the wedding is arranged to take place this afternoon, before sunset."

Marinette backed away from the ledge until her back made contact to the wall. She shook her head in disbelief trying to convince herself that this wasn't happening, that it was all just one big nightmare and she was going to wake up any moment back in her room. She knew better though, she was definitely awake, which meant that Adrien was truly getting married....to someone else. Not being able to bear the truth any longer, she ran down the hall.