Chapter 2

Picture of daddy. ^
I'm not even ashamed that guy is beautiful

Beckett's P.O.V

"This is my house." I say glancing back at the guy who'd been quiet the entire walk here, I think his name was Emitt but I wasn't too sure. His eyes were glued to the ground the entire time, but he looks up to see the place. A gleeful smile takes his lips as his forest green eyes twinkle with excitement, this fades as soon as he looks back at me.
He immediately looks down again making me frown in disappointment, I guess I was to blame for this, I tackled him without thinking.

"Okay, well come inside." I say kindly trying to change whatever image he probably already conjured up of me. He follows behind me as we enter the deadly silent house with not one sign of life, it was cold and unwelcoming as always.
I turn on the lights as I lead the boy to a small bathroom downstairs for him to clean up in.

"Sit there." I say pointing to the toilet. He obeys without a word as I dig in the draws for a first aid kid, when I find it I search for something to clean the cut with.

"You know this will heal by tomorrow right?" He asks as I dab a piece of cotton wool with rubbing alcohol.

"I know." I say pulling his arm forward a little before rubbing the area clean making him wince a little. "But it'll speed up the process." I say cleaning it carefully as I look up to see him already looking at me intently. His eyes widen considerably before they dart around anxiously while a little colour invades his cheeks.

"Thanks." He says when I finish up by putting a large plaster on the wound.

"I'll get the clothes." I say standing up and his eyes dart up to me in surprise.

"It's fine. I'm fine. It's fine." He insists as he stands up as well.

"You're covered in dirt and it was a little muddy out there, you'll take a shower and change." I say firmly before leaving to go and get the clothes. I dig through my draws, picking a pair of sweatpants and a clean light pink shirt I bought on a whim and never used it. When I return to the bathroom I find him awkwardly playing with his thumbs, his eyes dart up to mine in a panic when he sees me. I hand him the clothes and a new bar of soap before leaving him to his own devices.

I walk into the kitchen with a sigh before pouring a cup of lemonade for myself and for the guy before sitting down. I rest my head on my arms as I pick up the note left on the counter.

I'm out for the night, you're parents said they'd call tonight. Don't stay up too late.

Uncle Jack

I scoff as I crumple the paper in my hand before throwing it into the nearby bin and sipping on my lemonade. I had nothing against Uncle Jack besides the fact that he was an optimist, I knew they wouldn't call. They were too busy to call me, they promised every night and they never failed to disappoint me every night. But I knew they were working hard on their side so I would to, I'd make them proud and maybe one day they'd actually call.

"Hi." I turn around to see the boy standing awkwardly with his arms behind his back, the clothes were way too big for him but it suited him in a strange way. I hope he didn't mind wearing my clothes or pink, some guys would hate that. "Thanks for everything, I'll just let myself out now."

"I have lemonade." I say lifting the cup I poured for him, he studies me as he bites the inside of his cheek clearly trying to decide if to stay with me any longer. "It's just one drink."