Chapter 6

Emitt's P.O.V

I slip out of Beckett's bed as quietly as possible, the last thing I needed was for him to wake up. He doesn't move at all thankfully allowing me to prance around the room as I gather my belongings before leaving his room as quietly as I possibly can. I run down the stairs on my toes, feeling a wave of relief rush over me when I catch a glimpse of the front door.

"So, what's your name?"
I jump ten feet in the air, letting out a blood curling scream as my eyes dart to the source of the voice. I get into a defensive position once my eyes land on an older looking guy who had a bushy beard that took most of his face accompanied why shaggy dark locks that oddly suited him.

"Who are you?" I question as the man eats his pancakes completely undisturbed by my presence. He chews slowly, moaning happily at the flavor as his eyes close.

"Well it's my house, so I should probably ask you that question." He says after swallowing his food. "And why you were sleeping in the same bed as my nephew...."

"Emitt!" I jump a little as the sound of thunderous footsteps move down the stairs. Beckett rushes out in all his morning glory with panicked eyes that only grow wider when they spot the other guy. "Uncle Jack?"

"What's up?" The man says with a wide smile. "I was just talking to your friend here, Emitt was it?" I nod cautiously, not letting my eyes meet Beckett's as I keep them to the ground. "Would you like to sit down for breakfast?"

"We're just going to go back upstairs for a minute." Beckett says before I could answer, my heads shoots up in surprise, still avoiding his eyes I panic a little.

"No, I'm going home." I say firmly, my eyes accidentally finding his. They seemed troubled and a little hurt but no matter how much it pained me, I couldn't stay. "Thanks for the invitation though, it was nice to meet you sir." I say transferring my eyes to his uncle's.

"That's disgusting, sir? Do I look that old? Call me Jack, please, and it was nice to meet you too." He says with a kind smile before stuffing his face with more food.

With that, I turn swiftly on my heels and hauling ass to the front door not even glancing Beckett's way, I couldn't.

I was confused. No, I was beyond confused after the events of last night. One minute we were talking and the next I was tucked under his chest and playing with his fingers. I tried not to be so touchy but I couldn't help it, I didn't even know how, but I'd just end up attached to him. I thought he'd kick me out, but he never did, no matter how close we got, he let me stay. I thought it was all me, until we got in his bed and he pulled me into him. Then he kissed my neck, fanning me with his breath as he closed any space between us. I was as hard as a pole in moments, then he just pulled away. I thought I was deluded, that he didn't kiss my neck, that he was just trying to cuddle. But then why the hell was he trying to cuddle.

It left me with two theories. Either Beckett was playing a cruel game with my emotions, toying with me and never wanted to be my friend, that it was all a setup somehow. But he'd never do that, he was way too kind to do something so heartless. The other option,  Beckett Stone maybe, just maybe, liked me as more than a friend. I didn't believe that either, I knew my emotions were getting the better of me. There was no way he'd ever be attracted to another guy, let alone me.

So then what was he really doing?

"Emitt!"
I'm snapped out of thoughts as Beckett grabs my arm, turning me to face him. We were outside now, much further from his house, just the two of us in these vast woods.

"I have to go." I mumble, avoiding his eyes as I try to leave but he keeps his grip tight on my arm as he pulls me in a little closer to him.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asks as I keep my head down. "Emitt..."