Chapter 22

(Play song when told pleaseeeeee)

Beckett's P.O.V

"The morning patrols this week will be a mixture of members from both packs." I announce making everyone break off into separate conversations, clearly not pleased by the news. "I know it will be difficult seeing that you won't be able to communicate through one link, but we have to learn to work together." This silences them as expected, since that first scout trip of the land between the packs that Aiden lead a couple months ago, the pack patrols had been done from one pack or the other, never together. But if we were to be one pack, we'd have to learn to work together.

"I'll be leading an open training session in an hour, first come first serve is all I can say space wise." Emitt says besides me making smiles grace the faces of most people, I'd attended one of his sessions a couple weeks ago and I will never do it again. People with death wishes, such as warriors, were more than ecstatic at this news.

"All those who are involved in the construction of the new pack house, we ask that you work extra hard and spare the project any time you can. It'd be a nice surprise for our Alphas to find the house completed when they return from their trip." I say kindly, everyone nods in agreement at this. Aiden and Julian had been really trying at the whole two alpha thing and no one had opposed to their little trip when Julian informed the leaders of the pack, I knew right about now they should be arriving at the resort. No doubt Aiden must be kissing Julian like mad at the surprise. "I think that's it."

"All those involved with the rogue hunt with The Greenwood Park, see Roger after the meeting." Emitt reminds as everyone pours out of the hall leaving the two of us standing on the stage. "You did great." He says with a proud smile as we face one another.

"Thanks, you too." I reply resisting the urge to pull him into my chest. "I wish you weren't doing a training session today of all days."

"I didn't know that when I was booking it that it'd be our anniversary." He says apologetically with an adorable pout that made it so much harder to keep my hands off of him . "Happy anniversary by the way."

"This is probably the hundredth time you've said that for the day." I say with a smile walking off the stage with him as we make our way out of the large hall that I'd be returning to soon.

"I never pictured myself being in one of those nauseating relationships that celebrate every little milestone." He grumbles making me frown.

"You're the one who wanted to!"

"That's because there probably won't be another." He replies making my eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Never mind."

"Emiit, wh-"

"Hey Isabel!" Emitt says cutting me off on purpose as he greats Isabel who was leaning against the outside wall patiently, we'd have to talk about this later.

"Hey, you guys were taking forever to come out." She says with a smile that went against her words.

They're not really out yet - Tobias says snickering in my head, I push him away as I focus on what she's saying instead.

"I was wondering if I could help with the training session." She says to Emitt as the three of us start walking together.

"I thought that went without saying." Emitt replies laughing, she replies with a wide smile.

"What have you been up to?" I question realising that I'd been spending so much time with Emitt since the coronation that I haven't spent much time with my second best friend.

"Not much. Sleeping, eating, reading and stalking Julian and Aiden, the usual." She replies with a light shrug. "I joined a photography club, that's fun." She adds. "I went to London last weekend, saw a concert with some friends and did some shopping."