Chapter 10

Emitt's P.O.V

The coronation.

Less than a week left to make this the best event of the year, well in the pack. Not only was my best friend becoming Alpha, I was becoming a fucking Beta, officially. After Friday, my parents wouldn't be able to question if I really should have the position. It'd be mine.

I walk through the school hallways with a slight skip in my step, I'd been planning this for months and somehow managed to keep things steady when they announced it was a joint coronation. I was one of the many who were against it, it was a horrible idea. Stupid. Ridiculous. But who could go against their alpha's last command, especially when they were Roger and Micheal.

I smile widely when I see Beckett talking to Julian about the coronation, the talk that took all werewolves' lips. He shouts his excitement loudly as Julian just digs in his locker neutrally. I almost wanted to join the conversation but I couldn't, that wasn't an option.

I focus on my own problems instead wondering where on earth Aiden would be, kicking a tree probably instead of in the school like he should be. And then he wonders why he's failing everything but the sciences he unconsciously worshipped.

"So I'm thinking pink confetti rains from the sky as I walk onto stage to become a warrior and then I announce my homosexuality to everyone with Beyoncé playing in the background." Mickey says dramatically appearing out of nowhere.

"You are not ruining this for Aiden. He already has to deal with Julian's bullshit and I won't let anything ruin this day for him. No matter how fucking beautiful that would be, especially if I was a back up dancer or something." I reply making us both burst out into fits of laughter as we lean against my locker earning a few stares I couldn't be bothered with.

"I got to go hun, are you coming over tonight or are you ditching me again for that fine piece of ass?" He questions with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm coming over." I say with determination, I refuse to become one of those assholes who ditched their friends for their mate or girlfriend or whatever.

"Good. I'll see you later." He says blowing me a secret kiss before walking away. The bell rings for class making me groan loudly as I head for mathematics, my old nemesis that's been beating my ass since adding Integers, whatever the fuck those were.

---------------

I smile as Beckett places a small piece of apple that he cut for me into my mouth. I nibble on it slowly as he smiles up at me, I was sitting in his lap in the little closet that had become our little hideout. The stench of all the cleaning chemicals blocking out our own so no werewolves knew we were together.

"How are things on your end?" He asks brushing my hair out of my face. "Everyone gone ballistic yet?"

"Not quite, but we have a couple more days so there's still time." I say laughing along with him, I press my head against his as we continue to chuckle before we settle in silence. I sit up a bit after a while resting my hands on his shirt as I play with his collar a little bit.

"What is it?" He questions as I keep my eyes focused on the white thickened fabric that was my little distraction.

"I guess we won't be able to talk anymore." I mumble sadly. By talk I meant do anything, we wouldn't be able to hang out or make out or even just spend time like this when the war started between Julian and Aiden once they became alphas of our packs.