Chapter 23

So, this alien accidentally popped a muscle in her neck or cracked it the wrong way, I don't even know. Point is I can't move my neck to the right without wanting to die more than usual. I need rest, a lot of it, so after this update I may not be able to post for a while.

We'll see. Sorry!

(Wrote this listening to Fall Apart by Post Malone)

Emitt's P.O.V

Opening my eyes, I immediately shut them praying desperately to the Moon Goddess with all my heart that I could go back to sleep.

Today is Beckett's Awakening Ceremony.

The thought alone makes Chris whine as he balls himself up in my mind while I do the same thing physically.

Today would be the day that I'd lose him.

Tears rim my eyes as I try to push back the incoming waves of useless emotions. I was trying really hard to believe that we'd be mates, we'd spent the last few days in absolute paradise with one another but today the reality sank in. And I wasn't ready.

He wouldn't know who his mate would be until the actual awakening ceremony and I was grateful for this so we could spend these last few hours together.

"Are you up?" Beckett says jumping on my back, the joy evident in his tone as he kissed the corner of my cheek while the rest of my face stayed hidden in the pillow. Taking a deep breath I push away all my intruding thoughts, plastering on a smile in place of my frown and turning to face him.

"Morning." I mumble as he smiles back at me. Those dazzling green eyes making my heart beat faster as I looked at his dazzling face.

"I went for a jog so I have to take a quick shower but I made breakfast for you, help yourself." He says kissing my cheek again before discarding his shirt as he walked into the bathroom before I could wish him a happy birthday.

I leave the bed reluctantly as I make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, wearing nothing but my boxer shorts and fuzzy socks. Beckett's uncle was quite literally never home so it allowed us to do what we pleased, if not Mickey always offered his abode.

Sliding onto the chilly bar stool, I immediately start stuffing my face with the pancakes and sausages he made for me. I finish right when he walks into the kitchen, I immediately jumps off my stool before running to him and kiss him with everything I had, hoping he'd feel just how much I loved him by the kiss.

"Happy Birthday Beckett." I whisper against his lips once we part.

"Thanks love." He replies with one of his golden smiles before picking me up making me squeak a little in surprise, he rests me on the kitchen counter, positioning himself between my legs. "What do you want to do today?" He questions as his eyes stay linked to mine, making it so much harder to pretend like I didn't want to cry. He hadn't mentioned the Awakening at all and I think that was for my sake, I'd break down if he did.

"Can we just stay here? Together in the house." I question sheepishly hoping I wasn't asking too much of him.

"That sounds perfect." He says pressing a quick kiss to my lips once again. "You want to watch a movie or maybe we ca-"

"Can you just hold me?" I say diverting my eyes when I feel them welling up at the thought of not spending late nights watching movies with him like we'd always done. "Can we just go back to bed?"