Chapter 27

Emitt's P.O.V

I was so excited for this party I was literally shaking in my seat.

It was Friday, last period and time was dragging along extra slow just for me. God knew I wanted to get out and get ready since it was a costume party and if Beckett and I weren't matching I'd shoot someone. It'd take time to get ready and I needed out. But of course, life loved to find new ways to fuck me over.

"Someone's excited." Crystal comments making me glance over at her, she's smirking as she watches my fidgeting body in amusement. "Either that or you're on some good shit."

"I'm excited." I say with a laugh. "It's been a while since I've went out."

"Damn straight!" She says bringing a bit of attention to us that we ignore. "I've missed my party animal. They just haven't been the same without you there."

"That's sweet but you don't recognize anyone by your sixth cup so don't pull that." I say making her chuckle in amusement. "What are you going as?"

"What are you talking about?" She asks with a raise eyebrow as she chews her gum.

"It's a costume party Criss." I say using my nickname for her.

"Oh really?" She says in dulled surprise. "Guess I'm going as Crystal Marsh."

"Of course you would." I say rolling my eyes. The bell rings to my surprise allowing everyone to run out like wild animals, I resist the urge to follow and walk beside Crystal as we made our way out of the school. "Don't you want to know what I'm going as?"

"Nope." She says popping her gum bubble as she turns a corner, leaving me alone with a bit of a pout.

"Emitt!" I swirl on my heels to find Russell jogging towards me with a giddy smile. "Why are you still here bro?"

"On my way out." I explain as he slings his arm around me bringing me into his chest. "What about you?"

"I'm trying to find Crystal." He replies, his eyes searching for the beautiful, punk princess that seemed to not have one shred of attraction to the scruffy fuckboy.

"She took a turn down there." I say making him stop suddenly, in turn making me stop. "You know she might just like you if you were....I don't know, a bit less of a pig."

"Ouch." He says as he slowly walks backwards. "I'll try, see you tonight."

I laugh as I watch him sprint down the hallway to chase after the girl he'd been in love with since middle school, too stupid to treat her better.

"You know I don't like when he gets so close to." I jump in surprise as Beckett wraps his arms around me, snuggling his head into my neck. Luckily no one else seemed to be around as he growled himself into me.

"Sorry." I mumble as he scrapes his teeth against my mark making me shiver, a reminder that I was his. I had to hide the large bite mark under sweaters and scarves or I'd be found out soon enough.

"I won't warn you again." He growls telling me he was serious this time, not that I was playing any games. It's just something Russell has always done and I never thought twice about it.

"Okay, I'll drop the games. But Russell is just a friend Beckett, he should be fine like Mickey right?" I question as we start making our way out the school.

"Mickey's gay." He says making me frown.

"Shouldn't he be more of a danger since he's attracted to guys unlike Russell." I say making him think for a bit before shaking his head.