Chapter 18

Hola!

You guys know how I've been trying to get a name for this book series, I asked for suggestions and someone said The Mated Series a while back. I like it, it's simple.

Let me know what you guys think.

Enjoy the double update!!!!!

-----------

Beckett's P.O.V

"I don't want to." Emitt groans as he eats his food while sulking.

It was lunch and we were sitting together at a table in the dead center of the room, I can't even bring to words how amazing it felt to talk to him freely without having to worry about who saw us. I swear Julian and Aiden becoming mates had to be the best thing that ever happened, thanks to them we appeared as new friends and could hang out in public whenever we wanted. Yeah it was still a pain that I couldn't touch him how I wanted to, but I was grateful for just this.

"Why not?" I question as I take a bite from my burger.

"Because as I've said numerous times Mr. Stone, I don't watch horror movies." He grinds out as he chews his food extra slow trying to be serious while I tried to calm my body from how excited I got when he called me Mr. Stone. "I'm too chicken and that's okay."

"I'll be there to hold your hand donut don't worry." I tease making him scowl which just looked cute to me. "Oh come on, I have a great day planned and that's on the list."

"Can't we watch some other movie and watch a horror some other time? When I've at least had time to mentally prepare myself?" He says dramatically making me roll my eyes with a sigh. "Curse me if I want to spend our two month anniversary not shitting my pants."

"Okay fine, we'll watching something else but in due time you'll be watching a horror movie." I say firmly while he gives me a fake smile to show his enthusiasm to the promise. "So I'll pick you up on Saturday night from your house and the-."

"No!" He snaps aggressively making my eyes widen in surprise while his fill with clear panic. "Sorry, but you can just get me from Mickey's house."

"Why don't you ever let me go to your house?" I question narrowing my eyes at him, this wasn't the first time that he'd shut me down instantly at the mention of me going to his place.

"Is that a serious question?" He asks raising an eyebrow as he sips his drink.

"Yes because we don't have to hide anymore, as far as everyone's concerned, you're my friend." I say gesturing to the people all around us who didn't even glance twice at us, us being together apparently normal now. "So as your friend, can't I come over."

"But still.." He groans as he plays with his fingers nervously, something tells me this ran a bit deeper than just going to his house. "I've never had friends over to my house."

"Mickey." I offer but he shakes his head no. "Aiden."

"Never." He states making my eyes basically roll out of my head. "He respects my wishes of privacy and I hope you will too."

"What's so bad in there that I can't see?" I question feeling a little worry if Emitt was living in a less than pleasant environment.

"Nothing. Just no, okay?"

"Nope." I reply standing my ground making him growl lowly. "I'm coming to pick you up like a proper date."
The word 'date' sways him a little, I could see it in his eyes.

"Oh my fucking god, fine. But you're not setting foot into the house." He says before picking up all his things and walking away angrily while I just wave him off with a smile.