Chapter 15

Beckett's P.O.V

I groan loudly as the call goes straight to voicemail yet again. I decide to give up as I throw the phone in the back seat of the car, focusing on getting home as quickly as I could.

I messed up.

Again - Tobias growls angrily, reiterating what I already felt as I drove like a madman trying to get to Emitt as quickly as I could. How hard is it to just, I don't know.....TREAT HIM RIGHT!

I didn't mean for it to get this bad - I defend knowing it was a cowardice excuse.

You were too much of a bitch to realise that Emitt cares about you more than those things you call parents ever will! And now you may have lost him - He scolds harshly making my insides twist at the thought of Emitt leaving me. He had every right to at this point, I'd done nothing but hurt him over and over and over again.

I just needed to think, about all of this - I say knowing I was still wrong.

And you're brain can't multitask! You can't think and pick up the fucking phone! - I've never seen Tobias this mad before. He was usually the uplifting type, the one was supported me and shed light on dark situations and now he was yelling at me, emphasizing just how bad I messed up.

He'd told me repeatedly to call Emitt over the last few days, he tried to make me pick up the phone. At one point he got so desperate he tried to overpower me physically, neither of us understood why we cared so much for Emitt, especially Tobias but we'd accepted it and throughout the entire phone call when I finally listened and called, Tobias was whining and howling in pain at the agony that drowned Emitt's words.

Now because of you Christopher must hate me too! - Tobias growls as his anger grows even more, scaring me a bit as he lost control. I haven't even talked to him yet and he hates me!

Tobias, I'm sorry

I don't want to hear it Beckett - He growls before fading awake making the cut in my heart dig deeper.

God what have I done.....

----------------

I dial Emitt's number once I'm in pack lands again, it was a three hour drive but I wasn't even tired with the emotions that were running wild in my body.

The anxiety grows when he doesn't answer, I pull aside on the side of the roads. Sniffing the air as I try to find him as quickly as I can, when I don't get any hint of his scent I set back on the road deciding to go to his house.

Knocking on the door like a madman, my heart races as the smell of Emitt filled the area yet I knew he wasn't inside, it wasn't strong enough. The door swings open revealing a young woman who was no doubt the famous Lucy.

"Hi, I'm looking for Emitt." I say as she sucks on a red lollipop studying me carefully. "I'm the beta of th-"

"I know who you are." She says twirling the stick between her thin fingers. "Emmy is not here. Headed out last night for a party."

"Party?"

"Yeah. This place with booze and music, the French call it la fête and the Spanish c-"

"I know what a party is." I say ignoring the amused grin lacing her lips. "Did he go with Mickey?"

"Yup." She says popping the p. "Now if that's all officer, I have an intense new episode of Riverdale to get back to." She says before slamming the door in my face.

I don't waste another minute as I get back into my car yet again and set a new course towards Mickey's house. In moments like this I really wish I had his phone number.