Partners

I woke up the next morning, earlier than usual due to the throbbing pain in my ribs. I got out of bed and walked over to my full length mirror and pulled up my shirt to examine the blueish purple bruises racking up and down my stomach and side. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror to see the damage done to my face hoping it will easily cover with makeup. A black swollen right eye with a cut right on my cheek bone from that nasty slap he gave me. A large hand print shape covers my cheek and burns at the touch as I lightly graze it with my finger tips.

"Great," I sigh and grab my makeup bag from under the sink. I apply a few coats of concealer under my eyes and top it with some foundation. Then I put a little blush and mascara to finish it off.

I put on a simple misfits t-shirt and some black skinny jeans with a rip in one knee and put on my vans and headed down stairs. I pulled out my phone and checked the time, 7:09. Just enough time to catch the bus. I stepped out of the house locking the door behind me. As I walked to the bus stop I put my earbuds in and started listening to some music. It only took about three minutes of waiting before the bus pulled up. I took a seat near the front and zoned out as the bus took off. After about 20 minutes of picking up other students we pulled up at the front of the school.

I walked over to my locker and pulled it open. I grabbed my math book and was about to close it when it was slammed shut almost catching my fingers.

"Damn, I missed your fingers," Andy laughed with part of his little possy. Ashley and Christan or CC as most people call him stand to his left and right laughing with him.

"See you in class," they all laugh and walk away.

I let out a breath I was holding. I walk to class and sit down at a random seat since no one was here yet I got on my phone and scrolled through Instagram for a while. Shortly the class began to fill with people.

Half way through the class, the door swings open and in walks Andy, CC, and Ashley. My heart instently began to beat faster.

"Why are you so late boys," the teacher asked.

They all ignored her and took a seat. Andy sat in front of me while Ashley sat behind me and cc sat to the side of me. I shifted uncomfortably on my seat making my side ache a little.

"Aright class you will be working be working on a project for the next three weeks." The teacher began, "you and a partner will work together and make a poster, now this is going to be an out of class project so you will have to work on it before or after school."

"Great," I whisper to myself. Cue internal eye roll.

"The pairs are, Ashley and Ben, Sam and Brittany, Rayn and Andy, cc and Elisabeth..."

Oh no no no no no no this can not be happening. Andy turned around and smirked at me obviously happy with the situation.

"Well this is gonna be fun."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please comment and vote