First dates

" what are you doing here?"

" well I went to visit you at the hospital but you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you so I left then I came back and they said you were discarded and so I came here," Andy said kind of rambling.

" how long have you been here?"

" maybe half an hour,"

" oh," I look at the floor not really knowing what to say next. It was silent for about a minute before Andy spoke again.

" I'm sorry that Ashley did that to you, that was completely over the line,"

" yeah well that's Ashley I guess,"

" no you can't sweep this under the rug he crossed the line he put you in the hospital for fuck sakes," I could hear the fire in his voice, how angry he was getting. He was pissed but why? Ashley is his best friend so I figured he would stand by him no matter how morally wrong it is. And if he wanted something done why not do it himself.

" there isn't really much I can do,"  I could feel the tears start in my eyes so I looked down at the floor again hoping he didn't notice but he did.

He comes forward and puts his hand under my chin and lifts my head so our eyes meet. We look each other in the eyes for what seemed like forever before Andy leaned forward putting his lips to mine. I closed my eyes before we deepen the kiss. He moves his hand for my chin to my cheek and put his other arm around my waist pulling me closer to him making me let out a breath. We pull away and he places his forehead on mine.

" Rayn, I like you. " Andy whispers as he looks me in the eyes looking for my reaction. I look at him and smile.

" I like you too,"

"I want to take you out,"

" like on a date?" I search his eyes for any hint of humor or sarcasm but there was nothing but seriousness. He nodded his head waiting for my answer. I was speechless, I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"ok, " was all my mouth could come up with but apparently it was enough for andy because he gave me the biggest smile I think I have ever seen on a person. Just seeing him like this almost makes me forget about everything that happened. Almost.

**********************

I step out of the shower and walk into my room. I walk over to my bed where I set my outfit for my date with Andy. It's still so crazy to think that just a short time ago he was one of my bullies, but something is changed in him I could see it that day he kissed me. It's been about a week and my doctor has given me the ok to be out and about but I still have to be careful.

After I change I do some simple make up. Andy texted me yesterday and told me it would be casual since I need to take it easy. Just as I finished I heard the doorbell ring. I get up and slide my shoes on as I head down stairs.

I open the door and see Andy standing there looking very attractive. He's wearing black ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with a leather jacket and some black boots. So simple but so attractive.

"Ready?" He asks. Breaking me from my trance.

"Yup," I say as I step out the door closing it behind me.

We walk into the movie theater and go to the teller to buy tickets. We were going to see a comedy since that was the only type of movie we both could agree on. After getting the tickets and some snacks we went into the screening room and found a seat at the back. Andy said it's the best row to be in.

The movie ended up being really boring so we talked thru the whole thing and got many complaints and shushes from people. Andy would just flip them off as a response which usually I would find really rude but I could help but find myself laugh a little every time he did it. After we left the movie we decide to back to my house hang out and talk some more.

" sorry that movie was a total bust," Andy says as we walk into my house.

" the movie might've been bad but I still had a really good time,"

" really?"

" yeah, i had the chance to get to know you," I say.

I never thought that I would ever get to know Andy. I always thought that I would try to hide from him and dodge him in the halls forever. Oh god, what is it going to be like at school? Is he going to pretend like tonight never happened? Why do I have to think so much?

"Rayn! Hey are you ok? You kinda got lost in thought there," Andy snaps me out of thought.

" yeah sorry, I just... what is this between us? I mean is there even an 'us'?"

"Umm, actually I was just thinking about the same thing and, I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please comment and vote :)