Playing hooky

It's been almost a week since the thing with Ashley and to say that I was still shaken was an understatement. I have been avoid Ashley and Andy at all cost. Andy has caught me a few times and has questioned why I was acting so weird but I just tried to play it off. I want to tell him what happened but I'm so terrified of what Ashley will do. He has been keeping his distance though which leaves me with an uneasy feeling, I feel so vulnerable not knowing when or what he will do next.

It's Friday and I decided to play hooky. I needed to be able to relax and not jump every time someone walked to close next to me in the halls. Right now it's about noon and I'm downstairs on the couch watching old Disney channel movies. Lemonade mouth anyone? It's was almost over when the door bell rang. Who could that be? I got up and walked over to the door.

" who is it?" I ask.

" it's Andy," he says.

Oh god.

" and cc," cc adds.

I sigh and open the door.

" what are you guys doing here aren't you supposed to be at school?" I ask stepping aside to let them walk in.

" we left, plus aren't you supposed to be at school too?" Andy said with a slight smirk.

" I woke up with a headache so I stayed home," I say hoping it's a good enough excuse. Thankfully he excepts the answer and makes his way to the kitchen, me and cc follow.

" so why did you guys stop by I mean I don't mind just curious,"

" you weren't at school I wanted to make sure you were ok plus I wanted to see my girlfriend," Andy says as he starts to raid my pantry. I blush at the use of the word girlfriend it still seems unreal.

" well came along because I was bored so let's do something why don't we?" Cc chimes in.

" ok what do you want to do?" I ask.

" I don't know we could go see a movie or something,"

" I'm down," Andy says.

" yeah sure but I have to get dress," I say getting up heading to my room.

Once I'm in my room I go over to my closet and pick out some high waisted black ripped shorts, a basic light blue v-neck and a leather jacket. I head into my bathroom to change. While in the bathroom I also brush my teeth and hair and of course get dressed.

Stepping out of the bathroom and back into me room I jump and drop my dirty clothes on the floor when I see Andy unexpectedly sitting on my bed. I let out a sigh and pick my clothes off the floor.

" jeez you scared me I didn't hear you come up," I say walking over and place my dirty clothes in the hamper.

"Sorry," he says while a slight smile but he seems upset.

" are you ok? You seem sad," I sit beside him on my bed.

" are we ok? I mean are you having doubts about us dating?"

" what, of course not what makes you think that?"

" you've just been distant this past week like you've been avoiding me,"

My heart sinks. I don't know what to tell him. I have been avoiding him but it's not his fault I've just been scared. I don't want to keep lying but I can't tell him the truth either.

" I'm sorry I know I've kinda been distant but that has nothing to do with you I swear. It's just.... my parents are always gone and I've been getting really lonely hear by myself all the time I guess I just don't know how to deal with that right now,"

It's not completely a lie I have been lonely but that's not why I've been avoiding.

" oh, you could have told me you know. I honestly thought you wanted to breakup,"

" I'm sorry I made you feel that way,"

" it's ok,"

I get up and walk over to my dresser grabbing a pair of knee high socks from the top drawer. I turn back around to see that Andy still looks upset.

" hey, what's wrong," I ask.

" it's just Ashley, he's been acting weird and I don't know what's up with him," he says. My heart sinks at the mention of his name.

" what do you mean?" I ask trying to seem calm.

" I don't know he's just been acting different. He doesn't really hang around with us that much anymore and he gets pissed off and leaves when we do hang out. He's one of my best friends and I just don't know what to do,"

" I'm sure he'll come around," I say. That's all I can say. Just talking about Ashley gives me anxiety.

" yeah well we better get downstairs before cc starts bitching," Andy stands and waits for me to stand before taking my hand and leads us downstairs into the living room. As I go into the kitchen I see that cc has taken it upon himself to eat almost every junk food item in the pantry.

" took you guys long enough I was going to leave without you," he says as finishes a bag of hot Cheetos. My hot Cheetos.

" well let's get going before you eat all of my food," I say walking over to the door sliding on my black vans. I let them out first before locking the door and shutting it behind me. I follow them to Andy's car and get in shot gun much to cc's disapproval.

Driving down to streets I look out the window watching as the trees pass by in a blur. All the way to the theater the only thing I could think about was the conversation I had with Andy. Was I the reason Ashley was being distant with Andy? I'm not sure but I do know that I have to tell Andy what happened with me and Ashley. The only thing that I'm afraid of is that Andy won't believe me. I mean they have been friends for years. Ugh. What do I do?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yay! Finally another chapter. I'm sorry that it takes me so long to upload. When I write I can only write little bits at a time then I get writersm block. But I finally finished this chapter. This chapter was kinda a filler character so sorry if it was kinda boring.

An another note who heard about the 2020 bvb tour? Who's planning on going? I wish I could but sadly I can't 😢. So pumped that their touring again tho. Anyway please comment and vote. :)