Chapter 2

I get into a taxi outside the airport and tell the driver my friend Kate's address, I haven't seen her in over a year and hope that she still lives in the same apartment I haven't spoken to her so she has no idea I am coming, well she is going to get a surprise.

30 minutes later we arrive outside a tall building I pay the driver and exit the taxi get my bags and walk to the door I put in Kate's apartment number and wait and wait, its 5:30am so there is  chance that she is asleep. Just as i was about to ring again a tired voice comes from the intercom "Hello who is it" Kate says, "Its me Olivia"i say. I think it takes a few seconds to register because she is silent then I hear the enter sound so i pull the door open.

I walk into the lobby and I am reminded how beautiful this place is it has white glass tiles on the floor white walls with what I think is expensive paintings on the walls, high ceilings you know that this is the place where wealthy people live. Kate is a lawyer and a very good one at that I have only heard of a few cases that she has lost.

I get to her apartment door and knock, my hands are sweaty and breath is coming fast. She opens the door and she is exactly how I remember her, black hair cut into a bob she is taller than me with slender body and green eyes that are usually so full of life and excitement are now looking at me worried.

"Olivia what are you doing here" she asked cautiously.

"Well its nice to see you too Kate" I say with a small smile on my lips.

"I'm sorry olive its just its early and i wasn't expecting you please come in" Hearing the nickname Kate called me brought tears to my eyes and she pulled me into the apartment.

I sit on the sofa and all the things i have been through the past 2 days come out and i cry into Kate's shoulder until I have no more tears to cry, I pull away from Kate and she looks at me with so much worry her eyes asking me a thousand questions. 

She asks if I want a drink and in a low voice I accept, when she comes back to me a few minutes later with a cup of tea in her hand I start to talk I tell her everything that has happened and why I am now here.

"The idiot how could he do this to you, well it is his loss and he will realize that he is nothing without you" she said with confidence in her voice.

"I'm not so sure" I say "but thanks anyway, can I stay with you Kate until I find somewhere else to go and land on my feet again"

"Do you even have to ask, I am happy to have my best friend back in my life again I have missed you so much" she said excitement showing in her eyes.

"I missed you too more than you know "I admit.

"Olive I love you but I have a big case in the afternoon so I need to get my brainy sleep come on I will show you to the guest bedroom"

After I have had a shower changed and got into bed i lay on my back and I think to myself will my life ever be the same and why do I keep thinking about Lucus?