Chapter 4

Olivia's POV

I arrive at work at 7:45am and walk to the floor I will now be working on, I see Maria and walk up to her "hi Maria how are you."

She smiles at me "good morning Olivia congratulations on getting the job"

We talk for five minutes and I decide I like her I know we will be friends, Maria told me that Mr stone wanted me to go to his office so we say our goodbyes and I walk to his office I knock once and wait for a reply, no reply come so i open the door and look around "Mr Stone" I say, "please take a seat I will be with you shortly" a male voice says. I do as I am told and walk toward the desk and sit on one of the chairs, I am in awe of this office it looks expensive but it doesn't have a welcoming feel to it a white fluffy carpet is covering the floor with black and white walls the walls seem bare no pictures are hanging, with just a white desk and three black chairs a black sofa and a white filing cabinet, I was so busy taking in my surroundings I didn't realize when he came out of a room attached to his office. He walked and sat at his desk in front of me.

"Miss Jenkins" he said sounding uncertain.

I look up and my eyes go wide, its him the man I poured my heart out to on the plane, the man that was so funny and inviting and made me forget how much my life had changed at that moment.

"Hi Mr Stone" I say with a wide smile.

He looked at me and I can only see anger in his eyes. My smile fades slightly with the look he is giving me. After what seemed like hours but was probably seconds he spoke.

"Miss Jenkins I expect my coffee to be on my desk at 8:00am sharp, I will then tell you what I have for you to do, you do the work and when you finish you may leave."

I was shocked why was he being so mean, he was defiantly not like this on the plane where has my plane guy gone. I decide that maybe he likes to keep things professional so I agree with what he said and after he has told me how he liked his coffee, I left to go in search of the kitchen on this floor he gave me directions so I wasn't completely lost.

Once I finished making his coffee I went back to his office being careful not to spill any coffee I knocked on his door and opened it I put his coffee on his desk and looked at him for instructions for the rest of the day.

"I would prefer it if you didn't gawk at me Miss Jenkins" he said, he got up from his desk walked to a draw and pulled out a folder chucked it on his desk and said "type up the names in alphabetical order and print them off, you cannot leave until your work is completed."

"Yes Mr Stone" I say shocked that he treated me like that, he seems totally different to the man I met on the plane.

I left his office and went to my own, that the elder Mr Stone showed me yesterday, my office is similar to Mr Stone's not as big but the same color scheme black and white.

I get on with my work for today and I finally finish at 7:00pm closing down my computer I leave my office and walk to Mr Stone's office, knock on the door and open it he is sat at his desk he doesn't even look up, I clear my throat and he finally looks up "I have finished all the work for today" I say with a smile feeling proud. "OK put in on my desk you are dismissed"he says in a bored tone.

I put the paperwork on his desk and turn to walk out of his office "Goodnight Mr Stone" and with that I leave and close the door.