N I N E

"Stop messing with her!"

A voice stops all the commotions happened. I can't see who it was as the food covers all my face. A hand suddenly drags me out of the cafeteria, walking to nowhere. After a while, we stopped.

"I can't believe they do something like this. Aigoo.." It's a boy voice.

He wipes out the foods on my face using a towel. His touch as soft as how mother always do. When the towel leaves my face, I take a look at him.

"Ouh? Thank you.. Newbie?" I asked out of blue.

He smiles at me. "Just call me Jisung. Yoon Jisung.  Are you feeling fine now?"

He caresses my cheeks, meeting with my eyes. The sound of my stomach growled break the silence. He pinches my cheeks and taking something out from his pocket.

"Take this. You must be hungry." He gives me a packet of chocolate bar.

I just look at it, confused whether I should take it or not. "Sorry I don't have other foods that can fill your stomach fully." He shrugs.

"I'll buy you some foods at cafeteria.."

I hold his hand before he walks away, stopping him with my words. "You don't have to do it. I'm fine with just a chocolate. I don't have appetite to eat now."

I open the packet and take a bite of the chocolate bar. At the same time, Jisung keeps looking at me eating, making me feel uneasy.

"Why you're looking at me like that? Like a mom watching her daughter eating." I paused to ask him.

"No, I just love to see you eating. I'm really like the mom of the newbies." He answers.

"Mom? How's that?" I ask while munching on the chocolate.

"I'm the one that pay for their foods, waking them up, preparing them up." He chuckles.

"Wow. If people said you're a girl, I'll believe." I laugh a bit.

"But I will be a man for you, not a mom."

His words make me choked up. Does he means that he wants to be mine?

"Urm.. I better go back to class. Sejeong must be searching for me." I walk out, rushed.

♪ ✿ ♩ ❀ ♪

I enter the quiet class, where everyone one to the cafeteria. I soon be shocked by Sejeong who is jumping onto my back, calling my name happily. I wonder what that make her happy.

"Yena! Look at this! I found it under your table. It must be from the newbie." She nudges me with her pointy elbow, giving me a brown box.

I open the box slowly. It's a Casio Baby-G watch, limited edition one. I quickly close the box anxious. For me, pricey things made me worried than cheap ones. I give the box back to Sejeong.

"Yena, why? What's inside?" She asks while looking inside the box.

"It's not..."

"Woah! Casio Baby-G watch! This boy damn rich. He also left a message; Dear Yena, please wear that as your lucky charm for everyday life - Lee Daehwi."

I flustered. Okay now who's Daehwi? I never saw him I think so.

"Sejeong, how about you wear it? It must be beautiful for you..." I try to give it to her but Sejeong gives me back the box.

"He gave it for you. I'm happy enough to see my friend is happy. I'm like half of your heart, Yena." Sejeong smiles while asking me to wear it.

I gather up my courage and take the watch out from it's box. The watch is really shiny and baby blue in color. I feel guilty for him if I'm not wearing this.

Some of my classmates start to enter the class. Jinyoung and maybe that's Daehwi. They are walking approaching me and Sejeong.

"Yena, what's that?" Jinyoung asks for the box in my hand.

I quickly hide it away, shaking my head telling him nothing. The boy next to him flashes a wide smile and giggles all of sudden.

"You already found it? Noona ~"

It's true. He's that Daehwi. He must be younger than me. His face looks like Tweety on Looney Toons cartoon. Kinda cute, right?

"Found what?" Jinyoung puzzled.

"Ahh, I gave her a Casio Baby-G latest edition. I ordered from overseas." Daehwi brags about it.

Jinyoung face turns gloomy. He responds to Daehwi with small nods. He suddenly walks away to his seat, leaving Daehwi with Sejeong and I.

Is he jealous?

T B C

Hello Readers 💞 Don't forget to vote and enjoy this story. Although it's not quite good, but I'll try to improve 💪