8 T E E N

I doodle on my notebook, thinking what food should I bring to Sejeong. But then I remembered that Sungwoon told me to wait for him after school to visit her.

"Did he really like Sejeong?" I monologue.

"Wae.. Are you jealous?" Daniel whispers in my ears, making me startled.

"Kang Daniel~ stop it. Don't be busybody, okay?" I sternly tell him.

"But I already took your lips yesterday." He gives me a smirk. "Or you want it more~"

He leans closer to me, making me leaning on the backrest of the chair. I avoid his eyes and breathe deeply. Please... Teacher come in..

"This skateboard boy!" Jisung pulls him away from me, saving me from being into his trap : kiss.

"Yena, are you okay?" Jihoon asks me worried.

"I'm.. I'm alright, Jihoon. Don't worry." I answer him with a smile.

"If I can change seat, I'll protect you from that Daniel boy." Jihoon whines.

I just laughed at his action and tell him to sit at Sejeong place. If there's no one I can talk to I'll be lonely. Seonho sits quite far. And I will not even waste my time to chat with that broad shoulders boy.

"Thank you, Yena. I'll protect you from him." Jihoon hugs me like I'm a treasure.

"Jihoon-ah.. You can let me go. I just can't breath." I hit him a few times but not too strong.

"Mianhae ~ hit me now. I'm making you hurt." He asks me.

"Aigoo.. No need. You're my friend. Why should I..." I paused as I realize I said that words which I used for Seonho and Sejeong only; friends.

"Am I really your friend? Really?" Jihoon asks me happily.

I stay quiet, still don't know whether he is really the one to be called friends. I walk out from the classroom, heading to the toilet.

I shake my head, trying to forget the word 'friends' that I said to Jihoon. Suddenly, I bump into someone. I quickly apologize and continue walking.

"Why.. Something happened?" Jaehwan grabs my hand, stopping me from walking away.

"Jae.. Jaehwan. Can we talk for a while?" I ask him.

♪ ❁ ♩ ❀ ♪

"So.. You don't know whether we all should be called your 'friends'. Like that?" Jaehwan asks.

I nod. "What do you think about it? I'm really.. I have no other friends than Sejeong and Seonho. But when one of them absent, I feel so lonely. But when all of you are by my side, teasing me or playing with me.. I feel that the empty spaces filled."

"Yena.. Of course we all are friends. And I'm also your friend, Jihoon also. So, just think this as your new experience." Jaehwan explains while brushing my hair until it turns messy.

"Jaehwan-ah! My hair.." I shout.

He chuckles and smiles, "Now you know, this is what we called friends. Are you okay to skip class like me?"

"Oh gosh! Did class already started? I'm doomed." I panic.

"Ahaha.. I just playing with you. Don't worry, five more minutes left. How about you go now?" He laughs hysterically and pushes me to go to the class.

"Jaehwan-shii~ don't you want to go to class?" I ask him.

"Urmm.. First period is History. I hate the teacher and it's boring. I love skipping class more." He tells me while pushing me to the door. "Go enter~"

I grab his hand and pull him, making him entering the class with me. "Yah! Yah! Song Yena!!" He yells loudly. All the classmates look at him annoyingly.

I cup his mouth with my palm. "Ehehe.. I'm sorry. He's really noisy, right? Continue do your work." I apologize to them.

"You cannot run away~ it's already 9:00am, Kim Jaehwan-shii." I tease him and walk to my seat.

I take a look at Jihoon who is taking a nap. He looks like a rabbit. I lean my head on the desk, facing him. I trace the features his face with my finger.

"Mr Sim is absent! So, no History class for today!" The class president shouts in happiness.

Jihoon startled by the announcement and woke up. I quickly try to sit straight but his eyes stare at me, stopping me from moving.

"Did you have fun? Tracing my face?" He winks at me, smiling.

"I.. Hey! You aren't sleeping?" I protest.

"Why should I sleep when you are by my side?"

T B C