7 T E E N

"Abeonim..."

My dad looks at him sternly. "Who is this fellas? Why you stopped me?"

"Abeonim.. She's not the one at fault. I'm the one that ask her to complete the project in one of our teammates house. So, just hit me instead." Minhyun kneels down and ducking his head down.

"Yeobo.. Don't hit him. This boy is Yena school director's chosen students. If anything happened to him, you might be summoned." My mom explains to my dad, making him stops.

"I'm sorry my dear. I shouldn't make you kneel down. Please sit on the sofa."

Minhyun sits on the sofa, pulling me to sit beside him. I can't let him see me shedding tears. It's embarrassing. I duck my face not even wanting to gaze into my dad's eyes. He's too scary when he's mad.

"Young man.. What's your name?" My dad asks him with a fatherly smile. Even I barely seen he smiled like that.

"It's Hwang Minhyun, abeonim.." Minhyun answers him while holding my hands.

"Minhyun-shi.. Stop it. My father will notice it and I'll be dead today." I whisper to him but he insisted to listen.

"Abeonim.. I have a favor to tell you. Can you promise me that you will not hit Yena at all? I think that your way to teach her is too much." Minhyun blurts out his thoughts.

I'm paused. Is it me or Minhyun just too sweet?

"I have to go back home. Thank you aunty, uncle and Yena..." Minhyun smiles while pinching my cheeks. I gave him a bitter smile, sad that he will be away.. my guardian.

♪ ✿ ♩ ❀ ♪

"Yena.. Is he new student?" My dad asks me.

I nod while heading to my room but his next question stops me, "He's good. I like him. How about you make a relationship with him?"

"Appa.. I will not!" I barged into my room.

I lean on the door, thinking about everything happened since the newbies entered the school. "Am I changed because of them..? I haven't sleep over on someone's house except Sejeong. And I never be this close with boys.."

I take out my phone and calls Sejeong to share about my problems. Unfortunately, her sister answered it telling me she's sleeping.

As soon as I pressed the home button, a call comes in and it's unknown number. I take it with many things in mind.

"Yeoboseyo?" I answer nervously.

"Finally.. I feel better when I heard your voice.." It's a boy voice.

I stay silent, to make him hang up the call. But he continues instead, "Why you leave the restaurant all of sudden today? It's so sad to see you go away.."

Is he one of the newbies?

I gulped. I take a deep breath asks the him, "Are.. Are you the newbies?"

"Ahaha.. Guess who I am. Do you need some clues?"

"Jeogi... I don't have time for this. I will end this call.."

"Song Yena.. I like you."

I paused as I heard his reply. "Nuguya? (Who are you?)", I ask.

"That's why I said. Guess me~"

"Whoever you are.. I'm sorry but I need time and I don't even know who you are."

"I'm the one who have snuggle tooth.."

"Woo.. Woojin. I swear I need time, this is just too sudden..."

"I know. You're not ready. But I want to be the first that confess to you.. I don't want any of them be the first. I'll wait for you, Yena."

"Ahh.. But where did you get my phone number?"

"Seonho gave it to me. He's such a good kid." He chuckles.

Seonho, that little byeongari. I'll kick your booty tomorrow.

"Thank you so much Woojin for confessing but please understand me. I should rest now. Goodbye.."

I quickly end the call without even heard him greeting me anything back. I just too afraid that they all confess to me and fight to get me.

"Ughh! Why life is hard?!" I screamed under the pillow.

♪ ❁ ♪ ❀ ♪

I press Sejeong's house doorbell, waiting for her to go to school. But her mother greets me instead. I bow to her, asking where Sejeong is.

"Sejeong have fever.. She can't come to school today. Can you tell your class teacher?" Her mother explains.

I nod and walk away. I will visit her when I finished school today. I go to the school alone and enter the class, feeling lonely without Sejeong.

"Yena.. Why are you alone?" Sungwoon asks me from behind.

"Ah.. Sungwoon shii.. Sejeong got a fever. So she can't come to school." I explain.

"What?! My Sejeong?!" He shocked.

Did I hear he said 'My'? Did he like Sejeong?

T B C